anyone using piega speakers?

I just pulled the trigger on a pair of tc 50`s. I`ve not herd nor seen them. Not the smartest thing to do, I know,but they were calling my name. I will be using them in the bedroom with a manley stingray and a MD nu vista cdp. I think the tubes and the ribbons should sound sweet. These are odd speakers-check them out if you have not seen them. They make the case from a single piece of al in the Audi factory. Anyone the has these speaker, please comment-good or bad. Thanks
lofimike
Well said Hantrax. Not in my wildest dreams would I label the Piegas bright. But they are revealing and that can be a problem for some. In the right room and system they are world class IMHO.

Shakey
"Revealing," "airy," "fast," usually means elevated mid-treble. That does not translate to bright IF all else is flat. Bright is elevated low-treble or a generally tilted up response through the midrange. Piega gets away with it because everything is flat except 5k-8k Hz, hence some hear this as bright and others say it's revealing. Some instruments will expose this, muted brass, massed violins, certain organ stops.
I have a pair of C8s and a pair of AP3s.

Regarding the C8s, which I'm listening to now. I recently swapped out some Cardas N. Ref. speaker cable with some Nordost Heimdall...lemme tell ya (I'm pushing the C8s with a Pass X150.5)...the Cardas gave me the low end and harmonic richness a lot of you guys may be looking for/found missing with the Piegas. I'm also running Heimdall ICs and found that the Nordost IC/Cardas speak. combo was really nice. I may pop the cardas back in or try out some AZ Satoris. The ICs will stay.
Update...Actually got some crazy low end out of the C8s...latest config: Pass x150.5 running with balanced Nordost Frey to a Ayre k5xe Pre. Speaker cables still Nordost Heimdall. It's out of control. The Freys' make everything disappear, and now it sounds like I've got a sub in the system. Totally unreal. And alive and transparent !
I have the CL90x as part of an HT setup. I find that removing the grills smoothes out the sound in the treble region considerably. The grills are very nice and do a great job of protecting the drivers. For pure sonic enjoyment, I'd recommend trying them without grills.