PMC Speakers

Anyone have any experience listening to the consumer-versions of PMC speakers?

rosami

@rosami What are you driving the Thiels with?  I endorse Milpai's advice.  BTW, I went from B&W to Thiels to ProAc, then to PMC.

Spendors are the other obvious one for you to listen to, but again there's limited availability.  Try if you can to hear the Classic series, ideally the Classic 100.  It's slightly more lively than the Harbeth, but cut from similar cloth.

Twoleftears
I’m driving my Thiel CS3.6s with a Naim NAP300. This amp drives the Thiels very well. 
It’s interesting that you switched from Thiels to several other brands - none of which has a first-order crossover.
I like speakers that can accurately locate a singer or instrument in the soundstage, with correct “size” - and I don’t like speakers that make a singer or instrument seem larger than life. Thiels image and, more importantly, focus very well-to a large degree due to their first-order crossovers. I don’t believe B&W, Proac, or PMCs have first-order crossovers. Are they able to also  portray pinpoint imaging - and is that s quality you look for in a speaker?
Thanks. 
Twoleftears
I’m driving my Thiel CS3.6s with a Naim NAP300 amp - it drives the difficult load of the Thiels very well. 
I believe the Thiels are the only Speakers on your list that have first order crossovers. Do the B&Ws, ProAcs, or PMCs do as well as the Thiels in focusing singers and instruments within the soundstage - and is this something you look for in a speaker?
Thanks. 

It all depends on your mix of priorities.  Imaging and soundstaging are important to me.  I also happen to like speakers that are a little more laid back, in the sense that the soundstage starts at or behind the plane of the drivers and extends back from there a good way.  Timbral accuracy obviously important, though I err slightly to the warm/forgiving side--many modern speakers I find unforgiving.  Then there's bass extension.  Ideally I want a little more than the Twenty.24's give me--hence my regret re. the '26's.

I've heard this about first-orders before, but I believe it's part of an overall brew/cocktail of ingredients, so one can't just take that one feature and use it as a decisive or absolute criterion to separate the sheep from the goats (or the "good" speakers from the others).

...so I guess there’s no substitute for listening to as many speakers as possible - yet we still make the “wrong” decisions too often. It’s pretty much a no-win game - listening to different speakers driven by an almost infinite number of component/cable combinations, in widely differing rooms, and trying to listen-past dealers who will say almost anything to get the customer to buy what they push. 
It’s no wonder there’s such a huge used-components marketplace, as audiophiles continue to search for the holy grail. 
Fun hobby!