Why Power Cables Affect Sound

I just bought a new CD player and was underwhelmed with it compared to my cheaper, lower quality CD player. That’s when it hit me that my cheaper CD player is using an upgraded power cable. When I put an upgraded power cable on my new CD player, the sound was instantly transformed: the treble was tamed, the music was more dynamic and lifelike, and overall more musical. 

This got me thinking as to how in the world a power cable can affect sound. I want to hear all of your ideas. Here’s one of my ideas:

I have heard from many sources that a good power cable is made of multiple gauge conductors from large gauge to small gauge. The electrons in a power cable are like a train with each electron acting as a train car. When a treble note is played, for example, the small gauge wires can react quickly because that “train” has much less mass than a large gauge conductor. If you only had one large gauge conductor, you would need to accelerate a very large train for a small, quick treble note, and this leads to poor dynamics. A similar analogy might be water in a pipe. A small pipe can react much quicker to higher frequencies than a large pipe due to the decreased mass/momentum of the water in the pipe. 

That’s one of my ideas. Now I want to hear your thoughts and have a general discussion of why power cables matter. 

If you don’t think power cables matter at all, please refrain from derailing the conversation with antagonism. There a time and place for that but not in this thread please. 
128x128mkgus
If China and Hong Kong cables are out. : Silnote Poseidon GL power cable, is $99..... Poseidon GS power cable, is $199.....And they go up from there. (They have speaker and IC cables as well, all with many accolades from reviewers and customers ).These are priced for a 1 meter length ( more $ if longer ), with a 30 day money back guarantee, lifetime warranty, and they go through a bit of a burn in at the factory. Check out their web site. Enjoy MrD.
The only scientific evidence I can steer you to is empirically derived: I've heard it for myself. And, no, it's not the placebo effect, or hysteria, or delusions, or expectation bias. You'd be surprised at how your own ears can detect things. 

All the best,
Nonoise
@mrdecibel
I realize you've deemed me not worth your time.

But just in case you are feeling generous...

my time and experience in the field has allowed me to train myself to hear very minute differences amongst all related items in audio.

Could you tell us please what experience you are referring to?  Are you simply an audiophile who has listened to a lot of audio equipment?  Or do you work in audio in some capacity?
Nonoise, I leave them all to you....I am exhausted, and likely done here. Enjoy ! MrD.
nonoise

The only scientific evidence I can steer you to is empirically derived:

People who go to psychics also have "empirically derived" conclusions.They experienced the fact the psychic simply knew things about them that the purported psychic  "could not have known or guessed."

But of course, these people have typically made incorrect evaluations of their empirical experience. They just don’t know enough about the facts of cold reading to understand how they could have been fooled. So long as they never take on the facts of how people are fooled by cold reading, they will never relinquish their belief, and go to their grave sure their inference to real psychic powers was correct.

So...empirical experience is a dime a dozen. The question is: how well we reason from our empirical experience to explain it, and figure out if our inferences are sound.

And, no, it’s not the placebo effect, or hysteria, or delusions, or expectation bias.

How did you determine this?
Because....human perceptual biases are actually a thing....right? I presume you aren’t going to claim they don’t exist. Therefore, how do you determine that your experience was NOT caused by some expectation or other bias effect?

If your answer is along the lines "because I had the strong experience of hearing a difference" that is obviously begging the question, and would simply display ignorance about the nature of bias.