Filter capacitor issue

I've been a member for over 10 years and have never posted anything on here so please bear with me. My main system is a Bedini BA-802 solid state amplifier, Music Hall Maverick SACD player, Magnepan MG2.6r speakers, Denon DP-59L turntable with Micro Acoustics MA-2002e cart but I have an issue with a Marantz 2220b receiver that hopefully someone on here can help me with. I bought the receiver with plans to do some simple upgrades ie: replace some caps, etc. and resell it. I When I changed out the large filter caps I inadvertently installed the cap for the left channel backwards. I put both negative terminals on the buss bar. The right channel cap is installed with negative on the buss bar and the left channel cap should have been installed with the positive terminal on the buss bar. Needless to say the left channel cap got angry and blew it's top. After realizing my error I put in a new cap correctly but now the main 2 amp fuse is blowing after about 20 seconds. I'm thinking I may have damaged the power transistors or smaller transistors on the main amp board. The service manual also says to check the thermistors on the amp board. I'm not an electronics tech but my brother is and has been teaching me some basics over the last few months. Unfortunately he's not here to help me out this week so if anyone has any insight into this it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, Eddie D.
128x128skymunky57
Post removed 
I'm kinda with Erik. Filter caps can blow your fingers off. That just isn't a mistake you make. 

I've looked over the schematic. There are no left or right channel filter caps. (You really should have known that before warming the soldering iron.) That capacitor arrangement references the output of a single rectifier to the center tap of the power transformer secondary and chassis ground to create a bipolar power supply. Your mistake lifted that ground and put the full output of the rectifier onto one rail. Something seems to have failed closed, and that's what transistors tend to do. My guess would be drivers since the small signal devices are getting their power from the regulated supply on a totally different transformer secondary. 

The first step to trouble shooting would be to pull the outputs and test those using the diode function on a DMM, and if they check good, pull the driver transistors and check those. You can't check them on the board. All the signal path transistors are matched pairs. They must go in exactly where they came out, pin for pin. You've got a cell phone. Take lots of detailed pictures. Triple check. Also check the H717 through H720 diodes. Don't try powering on the unit again until you've constructed a dim bulb tester. If you don't know what one is, Google it. They're easy to build and one would have probably avoided this altogether. 
Skymunky57, Capacitor blew the top because of increased pressure caused by rapid temperature increase, caused by excessive current.  Most likely rectifier is damaged (causing short) possibly without damage to rest of the circuit (you might be very lucky) - relatively inexpensive repair, but I agree 100% with Eric - wait for your brother.  Even if you have basic knowledge - two heads are better than one. You probably have already big mess from blown capacitor.  Capacitors have fuses in form of rubber plug or pre-cut top to prevent dangerous explosion but it is not always 100% safe.
Note to self: Do not buy used gear from you. That said, there is a power supply board for sale on ebay for $26.