No right channel in new cartridge

I just got a Sumiko Blackbird & mounted it.  I have no right channel. I haven’t fine tuned the mounting but, That shouldn’t make me lose a whole channel.  Once or twice I’ve heard a hum in the right channel before I put the needle down. When it goes down it stops & goes silent.  The channel isn’t effected in CD, DVD or radio.

i bought it here(all positives on the seller) & it only had 10 hours on it. It didn’t come in the original box but came screwed into a box... seemed pretty secure.  I checked & reconnected all the pins, jacks into the AVR & ground wire.

What should I try next?
tochsii
lewm, he never wanted the cart back.  He didn’t want to give me a refund.  This is probably just too nuanced for a post.  But, he wouldn’t let me return it & blames me.  He would only let me send it to SS for his supposed great relationship & fast turnaround for him personally. 

I never wanted to air all the details.  I put this up as a “help me fix it” post... I only wanted the cart. It was only after warnings that I knew to ask questions.  It’s a lesson learned for me.

As I was counseled here, I opened a case & just sent it back to Smoothy anyway, insured it for new retail with proof of delivery.

Now I just need a few suggestions about carts on this site at $850 or below.  I like things just a tad bright... if you’d (or anyone) give me suggestions I’d appreciate it

As always, thanks everyone for sharing your knowledge.
Audio Technica, Dynavector, Ortofon.  Those are all excellent old-line brands with high reliability and known for their no-nonsense presentation of music.  I own at least one of each of the above, so I am speaking from personal listening experience, which is the only way I ever give advice. You can't go wrong with any of those.  I would not have recommended a Sumiko cartridge, for whatever that's worth.
Good Luck to the op. Sorry about it all, and hope you find the 'cartridge of your dreams'....                       
My Dynavector 17D3, and Benz Glider both are getting to the end of life. And I will have to look around since the Glider is out of production, and the 17D3 almost doubled in price with updates... 
Oh well, the search for the perfect cartridge.....
Perfect cartridge only exists in ones mind.
What may be perfect for one person and their system may be downright awful to another and their system.
It’s all down to personal taste imho and advice can help but you just have to try in your own system.
Yes it can get spendy that way I agree.
But the ones I have tried and did not like I just resold again.