Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
@thielrules, Yes Aries Cerat preamp and monoblocks is in another league paired with the 3.7s, it is even more musical and engaging than the Ypsilon pre-power.This level of musicality is impossible to reach with SS.If you are ready to spend 46K and cope with size and weight of the gear than i would recommend Aries Cerat no question.Regarding myself i have not yet made a decision between Aries Cerat and CH Precision, the later one being much easier to live with, not heat and the gear is totally future proof.I cannot afford to make a mistake because here we're talking 80-90K worth of pre-power.This will be my end game system.

prof,
thanks for your comments on the CS3.7s. I've spend some time reading old posts on this forum and paid attention to your many past comments. I see your long history and experience with Thiel speakers and with the 2.7s vs. 3.7s - and your travails in trying to choose between the two models. I'm going through much the same process currently so am finding your experience helpful. I haven't read through all the thousands of comments on this very interesting forum (I have to sleep some time unfortunately); I stopped at the point that you were still trying to make a decision between these two models. Your most recent posts seem to suggest you gave up and bought both or have decided to keep both? When I make a decision, I will be sure to experiment more with speaker positioning and, based on many comments by members, not limit myself to the standard triangle and instead try more variations.
Best.
jafant

Thanks for your feedback. I agree that I could have experimented more with positioning when I had the 3.7s for audition but was somewhat limited by time. I hope the issue is not a speaker-electronics mismatch because I don't have any plans to give up my Naim stuff. The match has been excellent with my 3.6s and - based on the specs - the 3.7s would seem to be a slightly easier load. While my Naim amp is not high-powered by Thiel standards, it is capable of driving low loads and providing high current so should be a good match with the 3.7s.
...so the journey continues...
thieliste

Interesting -- I had never even heard of  Aries Cerat Concero 65 monoblocs prior to reading your post. I checked out the website and their products do indeed look very interesting - but way beyond what I'd be willing to spend -- and I remain committed to my Naim electronics based on long experience with the brand.
I've been "out-of-the-market" for many years so this renewed bout of audiophialic disease is both exciting and frustrating!
rosami

my pleasure and there are few Thiel owners out there that enjoy Naim electronics to match. Careful cables/cords selection and you are all set.

Happy Listening!