Technics vs. Focal

I'm being offered Technics SB-C700 and Focal Aria 906 both at $850

One local home theater store loves the Technics while the other immediately dismissed them over the Focals.

I was wondering what this communities thoughts were on either brand?
128x128mlenow
The 906s punch above their weight. I have not heard the Technics but I would take the 906s over most sub 3k monitors. 
Not having listened to either & judging by specs alone, I would tend to lean more towards the Focal.

Technics SB-C700:
Frequency Range 
40 Hz - 100 kHz (-16 dB), 45 Hz - 80 kHz (-10 dB) / Sound Pressure Level 85 dB / 2.83 V (m)

Focal Aria 906:

Frequency response (+/- 3dB) 55Hz - 28kHz / Low frequency point - 6 dB 47Hz / Sensitivity (2.83V / 1m) 89.5dB

Technics needs to publish specs @ +/- 3dB for a fair comparison but since they don't then it is likely their +/- 3dB spec is much worse than the Focal.

They appear to be very different types of speakers too; one is point source w/ rear port, the other traditional 2 way with front port. One or the other may not be your 'cup of tea'

Of course the true test is listening for yourself & letting your ears be the judge.

This is pretty much a no-brainer to me. I've listened to the 906's and I'm listening to 936's right now. Want to guess which I'd go for? You'll be hard pressed to find speakers that image better than those 906's.