Best bookshelf speakers

I’m building my first high fi system after being more of a portable audio person. I want to start with the speakers. Space is limited so bookshelf speakers are a must.

Preferences:
Balanced and revealing with a hint of warmth.
Midrange most important to get right over highs and lows
Timbre is super important - I listen mostly to acoustic music especially jazz
But I do need some bass as I also listen to some electronic music
Smaller is better but SQ is most important
A speaker that sounds good with different amps but also scalable with high quality sources
Wide sweet spot - I wont have money for a great amp at first but want them to be scalable for later

These speakers have caught my eyes - any thoughts on them?

Ascend Sierra 2s - Ribbon = dispersion limitations?
BMR Philharmonitor - See above. Also massive.
Buchardt S400/S300 - Wary of the sudden hype train and limited info
Silverline Minuet Grande - Limited info
Reference 3A De Capo - This caught my eye as a potential endgame speaker if I could blow up my budget a little. But concerns about BE tweeter as well as some potential snake oil stuff (cryogenic treatment (!?)), exaggerated sensitivity claims and wonky measurements put me off.

What else should I be looking at?

Edit: I could have sworn I had <$2,000 in the title... Anyway, my budget is 2k.

stuff_jones
Mindless Quad is a division of IAG if you look at Wharfdale completely different drivers, technology, cabinets both brands owned by same company.

It is like GM brands Corvette and Oldsmobile same parent different kids.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ

Not sure what to do.  They're ok.  My receiver doesn't have enough power.  But after playing them on a new Denon 8500 via my local best buy magnolia room and, it was about the same only louder.  Clear but not very bright.  Mads was cool and says to keep breaking them in so I am. But I think I ruined myself by playing them side by side with the B&W 707 S2's while in that magnolia room.  So much clearer on the high's.  I really wanted/hoped the S400's would have outdone them
From what I’ve read, and in an email from Mads, they require at least 300 hours breakin and need some power.
Granted, I am a Harbeth fanboy, but I think you should give the Harbeth P3esr speakers a listen. In your price range, I also like the KEF LS50s, but I think if you can pony up a few $100 more, the Harbeths will meet all your requirements.

Note: the P3esr speakers start to attenuate at 75hz, but don’t pay any attention to that and just listen to them. I ended up adding a sub (two is better), but they really don’t need them. If you end up with the Harbeths, you’ll probably end up buying a sub or two down the road (I love spending other people's money)!