Sound Quality of red book CDs vs.streaming

I’ve found that the SQ of my red book CDs exceeds that of streaming using the identical recordings for comparison. (I’m not including hi res technology here.)
I would like to stop buying CDs, save money, and just stream, but I really find I enjoy the CDs more because of the better overall sonic performance.
 I stream with Chromecast Audio using  the same DAC (Schiit Gumby) as I play CDs through.
I’m wondering if others have had the same experience
128x128rvpiano
My streamed movies from VUDU are identical to the same played from a Blu-Ray disk. VUDU is better.
Many don't agree
" VUDU transfers UHD at a bitrate of about 15mbps while 4k UHD discs can reach 50-60 mbps. That’s ALOT of compression on VUDUs side."

https://www.google.com/search?q=VUDU+HD+quality+bad&rlz=1C1CHZL_enAU820AU820&oq=VUDU+HD+qual...

https://www.reddit.com/r/vudu/comments/7pxeux/vudu_4k_uhd_streaming_vs_4k_uhd_bluray/

Cheers George
Totally agreed with georgehifi that when it comes to movies the physical 4k UHD discs would always have superior audio & video qualities to the 4k UHD streamings from say Netflix, Amazon Prime, Vudu, etc.
The same applies to regular HD bluray counterparts (regular HD bluray discs 1080p vs regular HD streamings).

The surround sound qualities are usually lossless HD audio formats (DTS HD-MA or Dolby True-HD) on regular bluray discs whereas regular HD streamings say from Netflix are usually lossy Dolby Digital or lossy DTS. Same applies to 4k UHD discs vs 4k UHD streamings. With 4k UHD discs the surround sound formats are mostly either Dolby Atmos or DTS-X or at least DTS HD-MA or Dolby True-HD.

That’s why I do not stream movies.
I only watch either regular bluray or 4k UHD discs from my Oppo UDP-205 4K UHD bluray disc player.
+1 @georgehifi and @caphill My family has compared streamed movies via Netflix and Amazon Prime to their 4K UHD discs through the exact same system on multiple occasions and the discs always easily win using the Oppp UDP-205 4K UHD player. 
Coming late to the discussion.

I understand all the benefits of streaming but it sort of reminds me of vinyl in that if it doesn't sound that good to you then the answer is that you need more and better gear to get all that it offers. And, as witnessed by this discussion it can get complex and really expensive.

I buy great recordings on used CDs for $4-6. Pop them in CDP and get awesome SQ. Easy. Cheap. 

Yes, I've got them ripped. No, the SQ is not identical.....but I haven't put much effort and virtually no money into it.

For me at this point the appeals of streaming are outweighed by the cost and complexity required to get to or above CD SQ.