No right channel in new cartridge

I just got a Sumiko Blackbird & mounted it.  I have no right channel. I haven’t fine tuned the mounting but, That shouldn’t make me lose a whole channel.  Once or twice I’ve heard a hum in the right channel before I put the needle down. When it goes down it stops & goes silent.  The channel isn’t effected in CD, DVD or radio.

i bought it here(all positives on the seller) & it only had 10 hours on it. It didn’t come in the original box but came screwed into a box... seemed pretty secure.  I checked & reconnected all the pins, jacks into the AVR & ground wire.

What should I try next?
tochsii
I purchased a high-end cartridge and it arrived with one channel dead.  The seller assisted in getting it serviced by the distributor and all was fine. The consensus is that a lead came undone during shipping.  A moving coil cartridge has EXTREMELY fine wires. This is why caution should be used when attempting a continuity test to be sure that the ohm-meter current is extremely low since a DC resistive load of a few ohms could result in a large test current with an unsuitable tester, basically turning the wires into a blown fuse.
I was going to be done talking about the transaction. But, I just got a threatening email from Smoothy (after sending him the return UPS info 2 days ago) saying if the cart arrived he was going to file charges with the Police & he’s done it before.  He also said he commonly has wires come apart when he sells carts & makes people get them repaired.

I’m realizing that even 100% positive isn’t a guarantee and we have to read between the lines on the feedback. 
I do not remember if you said how you paid but at this stage they are obviously not going to refund you willingly so....
If via PayPal just initiate a claim as soon as you verify they have received it.
If by credit card go through them, again once you know they have it back.

You could may well have aggravated the situation by commenting on it here but sounds like it is past civility now.
Best of luck with this and don't worry about their blow hard talk of Police involvement. Across state lines. Really?

Call the police? For what criminal or civil charges? This guy's aggro. Let PayPal handle things. They almost always side with buyer.