JVC TT-101 Won't Stop

The Stop button on my recently purchased QL-10 doesn't work. It worked at first after the TT warmed up, but then quit completely. I since have replaced all 37 electrolytic caps on 3 boards, but it made no difference. The power voltages are correct. The button itself is fine and shorts pins 6 and 9 of the P8 connector on the main board, but the motor doesn't stop. What could be wrong? Any particular transistor or adjustment? Please help! -Alex
safesphere
I think we all agree that the TT101 is fussy. That’s one way in which this hobby requires a relaxed approach. For my part, I can only thank JP for the excellent work he did on my unit.

Once JP educated me on the genesis of the issue with my TT101, I put a little space heater in my basement man cave, I set it to heat the room just enough to keep the temperature above 65 and control the humidity somewhat. I want say that I have had no problem since doing that, but wouldn't I be asking for trouble?
@lewm 

Does this mean that the TT-101 if it is not placed in a heated and dehumidified environment makes the whims like children? Wowww
Ummm.... Best-groove, what are you trying to prove? No one would contest the fact that the TT101 is temperamental.  Least of all, me. So, I don't get it.  Unless you're just trying to be funny, which is fine.

It's also a very fine sounding turntable when all is well.
Ummm.... Best-groove, what are you trying to prove?

I do not want to prove anything I'm only slightly worried if my TT-101 will be repaired; I'm not going to want to keep a dry and warm place just for him, but I'm also amused because I will have for the first time a very metereopatic electronic product.
Just relax and enjoy it, is my advice.  I do believe that once these initial and endogenous issues have been dealt with by someone like JP, probably all will be well.  But I have back-up tt's, just in case.