Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
brayeagle
Precisely. Flamers and Trolls are not welcomed here. There are plenty of other threads and Audio sites for such childish antics. I consider you an Elder statesman and valuable contributor. Hope you are well today and enjoying this special time of year with family and friends.

vair68robert

Tom and Beetle have been working diligently this year on the whole upgraded XO project that will no doubt benefit many of the owners here.
I would be interested in learning more about your Amplifier upgrading project. Always great to have another DIY contributor here. I believe that makes 5 of you guys who can mod electronics and speakers.

Happy Holidays to You.
Jafant, since you brought up these "rules of engagement" I believe it behooves you to support the existence of them.

So what are the recommended caps and crossovers for the 2.7 without getting stupid expensive?   What are the main benefits please? 
Sam - my cap of choice is ClarityCap CSA with potential CMR bypasses. My resistor choice is Mills MRA-12 which is nearly best of form for reasonable cost. Our work is still in process.

Main benefits from upgrade include higher resolution, micro-dynamics and transparancy, which are already Thiel's strengths. I have not yet addressed the 2.7, so have no firm advice except that replacing all the sandcast resistors with MRAs will increase delicacy and refinement.