Turntables

I am kicking the idea of trying out vinyl. It’s been a long time since I had a turntable and it took a lot of thought whether I can deal with what always seemed like the snap, crackle & pops of an album. Anyway, I’ve decided to take a plunge after all the buzz how awesome it is. Of course before I make any final decisions, I always turn to the Audiogon community for their expert thoughts, opinions and education. I’m also looking for suggestions for a nice affordable table with tone arm and cartridge. Being the fact this is new to me and I may hate it, I’m looking for suggestions on the best affordable set up I can do for a new or used in the price range of $1000/$1500. I’m sure I can get a better bang for the buck going used. I just don’t know anything about these animals. My system is older but I still enjoy it which consist of a Mark Levinson 23.5 amp, Proceed AVP 2+6 used for 2 channel audio, Audio Acoustics model 9 speakers, Ayre DAC for digital with Transparent Audio Ultra mm2 cables. Any input is greatly appreciated!
128x128luvrockin
I used that buy used philosophy back in 2008 for my return to analog after 20 - 25 years. I bought a used VPI Aries for about $1600.00. Long story short, I am still amazed by how crazy good this table sounds. 10 years later it is still in my system. I can't imagine any table sounding better (nor do I want to) and  have no plans to ever get rid of it. And you get a lot more table for your money buying used. Do what's best for you.
Post removed 
Never buy an automatic turntable. All these automatic parts normally fail in time and must be repaired.

Technics will serve you for 20-30 years without service and it’s manual turntable.

If you’re new to turntables do NOT buy used old turntables. Look for Direct Drive only! 

Seriously i think all you need is Technics SL1200GR or "G" if you ready to pay more. And if you want to sell it later with discount let me know :))

I snoozed and loosed yesterday on the R6. we were busy and I didn't go to reply until night and it was gone. Oh well, there'll be another lol. As for the 1200, I can't find one of them used. Everyone I see is new and by the time I ad the cartridge and phone pre, Im well over budget. Im looking at a VPI Scout on another sight. Thoughts?
A no brainer is a closeout Music Hall 2.2 from Music Direct for $250, you can pay more for a better cart. Used carts are controversial worst than used cars.   Anyway I heartily second the Graham Slee  Phono stages I had on the the Graham Amp 2 SE that was great.