Vandersteen 7 mark ll or big Kef blades

I am considering a pair of one  of these.  Anybody have any suggestions , comments, recommendations?
digitaljoseph
At that price range, you do need to audition them both.  I can say that one of the two or three best systems I have ever heard was Vandersteen 7 Mk IIs with their amps and subs at Audio Connection.  I have not heard the Blades, though.
Never heard the Vandersteen 7 but owned  both the Vandersteen 2ci, 2ce signature and the 3A.  I did hear the big Kef Blades and found them exciting at first but fatiguing after about 30 minutes of listening.  Knowing Vandersteen, I would think that would be the better of the two but you really need to listen to them, especially at that price range.
I have heard the Vandersteens at a dealer and the Blades at RMAF and can’t put them in the same category. To me the Vandys are hands down better in every aspect. But as mentioned you need to audition them yourself.
Per several dealers and people I trust the Blade 2 is the better speaker overall than it's big brother and it compares performance wise with the Quatro and maybe the 5A.  Don't think it is even in the ballpark of the 7 Mk II other than cost. But as most every other poster has said get out and listen for yourself as in this price range it is worth the price of a plane ticket if necessary.