Vandersteen 7 mark ll or big Kef blades

I am considering a pair of one  of these.  Anybody have any suggestions , comments, recommendations?
digitaljoseph
I have heard the Vandersteens at a dealer and the Blades at RMAF and can’t put them in the same category. To me the Vandys are hands down better in every aspect. But as mentioned you need to audition them yourself.
Per several dealers and people I trust the Blade 2 is the better speaker overall than it's big brother and it compares performance wise with the Quatro and maybe the 5A.  Don't think it is even in the ballpark of the 7 Mk II other than cost. But as most every other poster has said get out and listen for yourself as in this price range it is worth the price of a plane ticket if necessary.  
OP - You are getting sound advice from those posting above. Trust your ears, BUT... settle in and listen for a l o n g session.  Which speakers make you want to stay or keep a smile on your face.  

I have no experience with the Kefs but have owned Vandersteen's for the last 30 years.  I just go into my listening room and enjoy the music.  No "hifi" from them.  They just play the music.  Oh, and I smile a lot!🎼
With thirty thousand dollars of distance between (not considering the difference is typical amp pairing) them I have to wonder from a marketing perspective why these two particular models are of interest.