linn sondek tt

Does anybody still buy this? I just noticed many of their old dealers are gone.i wonder why?
theoriginalthor1
I do find it odd that people go to the trouble of getting so invested in debating the value/quality of products they don't own...

I find that frankly asinine.   Post about what you own.   Posts about what you heard once or heard somewhere else are worthless.  

it's pretty obvious some agendas are at play here.  I'll simply say Linn would not have been able to sell these for 40 years if they weren't good.  There is so much choice that the market will kill overpriced underperforming products.  That hasn't happened with the LP12.

As for $800 number, that's equally asinine.  Even on a standard Majik, the 9cc arm alone retailed for close to that, and the cartridge the Adikt is based on is a well-reviewed Goldring which itself retails for over $500.  Linn of course is starting to roll out a new Majik arm, but I've not seen that reviewed yet.

I do own an LP12, I'm happy with it.  That's all that matters to me.
Coming back into this thread, I am horrified to read that people can promote an argument that the Linn is defective because you can upgrade it over many years. Surely a hi fi item that allows itself to be upgraded as time passes by, is quite an exceptional plus, and very rare indeed. Not sure how you upgrade a Technics 1200G.
Ah yes, I do know ... sell it and go back to your Linn!
All that matters is that one is happy whatever they purchase.  as for the assanine statement, when you have been listening as long as I have, you start to hear things and you remember what ya hear, trust me.  

Linn does not have the support in the states they should have and thats a problem, however, I might not mind tinkering with a used one someday.
I guess that goes for Davey too.  He comments a lot on equipment he does not own as well.