Two Protractors - Only One Aligns

So I've got a Technics SP10ii with an SME 312S tonearm and an Airtight PC-1 cartridge.  I had MINTLP make a custom protractor for the 312S, and it aligns just fine.  Recently I acquired a second tonearm (Musical Life Conductor SE 10" Cocobolo) - a very uncommon tonearm with essentially no documentation available.  Since the MINTLP states that it is fitted to only my SME312S tonearm, I defaulted to using a generic turntablebasics.com cartridge alignment tool. I was told that the pivot-to-spindle (PTS) length for the Conductor SE should be 235mm, but again, there is no written documentation. With the TTB tool, I could not get alignment at any PTS length, and I varied it from 225 to 270mm. Frustrated and confused, I pulled out the MINTLP protractor, and was able to align the cartridge at a PTS length of 250mm (FYI, the effective length is roughly 265mm, though hard to measure with the tonearm in place).  Then, in the spirit of scientific inquiry, I checked the alignment of the 312S using my TTB protractor and NO DICE - it was telling me that the cartridge was out of alignment (contradicting the MINTLP).  What the heck is going on here?????

I know there are more than one different alignments people use (Loëfgren, Baerwald, Stevenson, UNI-DIN, etc.) - but between the two null points on the TTB protractor the stylus was off by around 10mm.  That is way too much to be explained by variable alignment methods, right? And since I had success with the MINTLP protractor, I would like to call it good, except for the warning on the MINTLP ("BEST Tractor is tailor-made for a particular tuntable tonearm setup. Using it on any other setup will result in error and do harm to your cartridge").  I don't get that either.  Aren't the null points the null points, regardless of which tonearm you are using on a particular turntable?

Those with a high degree of vinyl experience - please chime in if you can.  Thanks, Peter
peter_s
If it's German, you might be able to get help from Dertonearm, who is the proprietor of Acoustic Sounds (I think that's the name of his company).  Probably you could send an email to AS and explain your dilemma.
@lewm  is referring to Dietrich Brakemeier at Acoustical Systems,   http://www.arche-headshell.de/about-us/

could be worth reaching out to the US Distributor who sold Musical Life, Tom Vu at K T Audio. He is now the principal at Triangle Art http://triangleart.net

Thanks, folkfreak.
i couldn’t conjure up Dertonearm’s actual name. Going to the former distributor is an even better idea.