No right channel in new cartridge

I just got a Sumiko Blackbird & mounted it.  I have no right channel. I haven’t fine tuned the mounting but, That shouldn’t make me lose a whole channel.  Once or twice I’ve heard a hum in the right channel before I put the needle down. When it goes down it stops & goes silent.  The channel isn’t effected in CD, DVD or radio.

i bought it here(all positives on the seller) & it only had 10 hours on it. It didn’t come in the original box but came screwed into a box... seemed pretty secure.  I checked & reconnected all the pins, jacks into the AVR & ground wire.

What should I try next?
tochsii
I don't know why you're even thinking about it.   Just return it and be done.  If the seller guarantees a repaired Soundsmith cartridge, let him return it, then send it to you
Agree go to PayPal. get your money back.This thread, now,  is enough bad vibes it may set him back plenty, just the bad publicity.
I’m asking for options on another thread too.  I know this thread Is a bit old.  If anyone’s reading, I’d like to ask for opinions.  Scott at Aris Audio was rec’d on several threads.  He’s offered a new Ortofon Quintet Black S for $855 new. He believes I’ll enjoy it better than a DV 20x2 or Karat 17D3 (on sale he’s selling the 20x2). I enjoy just a tad.  Thoughts?
By the way, have you seen, or has anyone else mentioned, the old thread wherein it is revealed that the Blackbird is well known to have this particular problem?  Several people have complained of this same phenomenon, usually due to a loose or broken coil wire. It recently bumped up to the top; otherwise I had forgotten about it. Dates back to 2013, I think.
@tochsii so you’re looking for cheap MC cartridge for some reason, on the MC territory a brand new cartridge with a typical price tag under $2000 considered "cheap", normally those cartridges can’t compete even with $300-400 MM from the golden era. None of the dealers can’t offer something special among the brand new LOMC carts within this budget. If you think a brand new modern MC cartridge under $1k will be better than MM cartridge you’re wrong.

Some vintage MC can be good within your budget, but you need someone who’s experienced with them. I think Dynavector 23RS is superb for $500-800 NOS.

Ortofon MC line goes up to $15 000 for a single cartridge, do you think they’re offering something special with $800 MC ?

MM cartridges from the ’80s like Grace, Pickering, Stanton, Glanz, Victor, Garrott, Sony, Audio-Technica will put those new Orotofn MC to the dust forever!