Speaker plinth material bottom ported Zu Omen Defs

Currently my Zu Omen Defs sit on hardwood floor ( bamboo) in my basement finished listening room. Even though we are very good at keeping sewer cleared, video checks every year, I’m always paranoid about water overflow. Our basement is bone dry. I would like to raise the zus off the floor about an inch or two with a plinth. IMO, mapleshade’s at $600 + each is pricey. I can make my own. My question is wood vs granite on bottom slot ported speakers like Zu. One would think that granite may be too reflective for bass vs wood. Just curious if anyone has any thoughts. For the trolls: yes we have flood insurance, sump pumps, etc. I’m not moving the gear back upstairs. Just asking about best material. 

Thanks
aberyclark
Thanks for reminding me about ZU's great customer service. I wish I thought of that earlier and called last week. I will call or write ZU after New year. I was fine with the bass response upstairs for the last 5 years (oak wood floors). An actually fine with the bass response now (Bamboo hardwood flooring). So I would probably be fine with a plinth of either wood. Just curious if their is an optimal wood or material for such a use (with bottom slotted ports on speaker). I use to correspond with Sean Casey quite a bit a few years ago. I'll dig out his email address.
From what you wrote, you do not have a problem, but you imagination has run wild.  If your basement is bone dry, then stop worrying.
On a technical note, your plinth, unless it's enormous, will effectively be invisible to the frequencies coming out of the port.  By raising the Zu you will hinder its bass performance.
Thanks for info. I think you are right, I’m paranoid from a flood many years ago. So the plinth does not take place of the floor since it’s solid?
As an owner of an old house that occasionally get water in the basement, I can understand your concern.
I would think raising them might change the leveling/angle of the speakers, but bass performance should not be affected.
Bob