Compact DAC + Amp

All

recently moved to NY and need to downsize my HT. Right now I use 3.1 channels and planning to move to 2.1 channels. 

For speakers i am considering Focal 1028 be or kanta 2. 1028 is on sale at $5000 and lowest price I have gotten on Kanta is $8500. 

While most practical option is to get a soundbar (looking at Martin Logan or Golden eat), I considering a second option - a small footprint amp placed on a small wooden floating shelf under the wall mounted TV and feeding speakers through speaker cables run through the wall vertically. I need a small footprint DAC + Amp for that. 

Options so far are
1. Sonos amp - major advantage is it can feed Sonos Sub wirelessly 
2. NAD D3040
3. Peachtree Nova 150
4. Naim Uniti Atom

I heard Naim and liked it. But would like to stay under $2000 ideally. If size wasn’t a constraint, I would have probably considered used H190
Any othee options worth considering?

marrduk24
Thanks guys. Tried Simaudio Moon 240i today. I think I liked the sound of Naim Atom better with Kanta 2. 

But on Wilson Sabrina I liked 240i better than McIntosh 252. 
Hi marrduk24: I would recommend the Exogal Comet Plus DAC with the Ion amplifier.
Marduk,

We agree with the poster before, the Micromega M100-150 sounds amazing, has room correction, does streaming and you can WALL MOUNT it, so all you would have to do would be to run speaker cables from the amp, and add a wireless to wired bridge. Simple and elegant.

The Micromega sounds fanatstic we play it with the Persona 3F and the sound of the combo is fantastic as it warms up the 3F quite a bit.  That would make a very discreet and compact NYC apartment rig. 

We have both products on display along with many other speaker systems from Dali, Kef, ATC, Quad. The new Quad Z4 are fantastic and an unbelievable buy.

We are located 15 mins outside of NYC 3 miles. 

Please reach out to us if you would like to come in for an audition.

Good luck with your search.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ