Why so many used focals?

I look on the forums to read and learn about owners reactions about focals and compared to many brands there's little action which would make me think it's a small company... til I search on AG for used focal speakers and pages of used speakers come up! Are they the type of speakers that offer a clear upgrade path OR are they short term speakers that wow the listener early and fatigue in the long term?

I couldn't be in the same room with focal's from the 90's, but the recent speakers have been very pleasing to the ear in auditions. Experienced reply's would be appreciated and please no hating on the brand. Tks
128x128steve59
I just looked... Excluding all the head gear, there's less than a page of actually Focal speakers listed (viewing mobile). About a third are older generation models and many newer ones are sold by dealers. 
I have electra 920.1 for 17 years . I would love to upgrade since all Audioholics look for that nirvana sound. But when I visit my local dealers it seems that i am already there. There are better sounding speakers out there but the cost is not worth it. Law of diminishing returns. And since my local focal dealer went out of business I cannot vouch for the new lines. Only imagine and again how $$ 
I haven't heard the higher end Focals but the entry level Focals did not impress me. I listened side by side to: Focal Aria 936, Dali Opticon 8 (ugly brutalist looks), Dalia Fazon F5, Monitor Audio Gold 300, and Golden Ear (can't remember which). The dealer was using a Marantz  PM15S2 amp and a Marantz HD-DAC1 to drive them. To my mind the Marantz set-up was cold and lean compared to my Rega Amp/DAC.  The Focals had a very coloured boxy sound, the Monitor Audios were painfully bright. The Fazon F5 was by the best and most expensive of this list.
I ended up getting Spendor A4s from a different dealer.
Na... You didn't actually listen to 936's. They sound nothing like that and nobody who's ever listened to them would say that. 
I heard the 1028 be 2 playing beautifully thru a bunch of dealers chosen tracks only to fall apart when I asked for some old supertramp. The Kanta’s didn’t lose their musicality under the same test. So are we dealing with a more forgiving tweeter? Will the Kanta sound as good on pristine recordings if they’re more forgiving of lesser ones?