Kuzma/Koetsu feedbak??

I am seriously considering the purchase of a new TT rig.  It consists of a Kuzma Stabi XL DC turntable, a matching Kuzma 4 Point 14" tonearm, and a Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum cartridge.  It will be played through a Naim 500 series amp and preamp and phono stage.  The speakers are a pair of brand new Grandinote Mach 36's.  I would appreciate any and all feedback from those familiar with this equipment.
Thanks for taking the time,
Mitch
orenstein

@oenstein

I use a Kuzma Stabi Ref with the 2's power supply, which according to Franc, makes mine a Stabi Ref 2. I use a Stogi arm and a J Allaerts MC1 cartridge. When set up correctly, the sound is heavenly.

I also use a MS BL-91L with MS-505L arm, MS1500 with a Max-237 arm, a Nakamichi Dragon CT and my first turntable, a JVC QL-Y5F.

Of all of these which would I keep if I had to sell all but one? Hmmm.... tough ask, but I think the Kuzma wins over the MS BL-91 by a hair, over the MS-1500 by another hair and then the Nak by another hair.

The lesson is when the turntable is set up properly, most of them can sound great.

I think you are going to be one happy camper with the Kuzma.

I use the Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum with diamond cantilever on a DIY air bearing setup. Absolutely excellent - but sensitive to setup. For example, VTA changes the tonality from a bit warm (tail down) to a bit analytical (tail up). A very nice tone control!!
My Koetsu Black is around 25 years old. Re-tipped long ago by Van Den Hull. It was paired with the Zeta tonearm. Fabulous combination, but old.

I had the Kuzma 4Point (12"), now have the Kuzma 4Point 14". Greatest tonearm I've ever owned.

The Black still has that Koetsu magic. The Kuzma was a great partner.

However, now I have the ZYX Universe lll. I'll never listen to another cartridge. The Kuzma/ZYX combination is thunderous in its dynamics.

I own Kuzma Stabi Reference for some time but deed not thought

much about suitable tonearms back then. Because I also owned

Triplanar VII I thought that this Kuzma can ''bear'' 10'' tonearms.

To my big surprise this was not the case. Only 9'' tonearms can

be used on this Kuzma. The Triplanar's pivot is next to the

VTA adjuster such that this construction allows 10'' kind.

When I wanted to install my FR-64 S instead this was not possible.

I also own Basis Exclusive phono-pre with two separate pres

so I wanted an second arm with an armpod and ordered both

by Vidmantas , the owner/designer by the Reed. At present I

use Reed 3P (12'') on the left back side and Sumiko 800 (aka

''the arm'') on its ''legitimate'' place. I own many MC carts and

owned also Rosewood  Signature but was not impressed by

this cart. Well with Urushi Sky Blue which (Urushi) are called

''painted Rosewood''. I don't believe that those have the same

generator. My (provisional) best cart is Allearts MC 2 which

I would advise if the means are available. Unbelievable

technical specs.

Comparing turntables in different systems..
Table is a 'pace maker', the beginning, it sets things in motion, gives the drive and propulsion. Any decent cartridge would do, you should still be able to hear and feel what the table does even if the rest of the chain is not much to write home about. Just ask dealers to keep it quiet with their great ideas and incredible knowledge. This is a very serious buy, and I don't mean the cost. If the table is not satisfactory the entire system is not satisfactory. Kuzma is popular among those in the know but it must sound great to you.
Albert Porter is one of very few people whom I listen to when it comes to audio, turntables or not. He uses highly customized Technics direct drive, before that he used top Walker, and before that I think SME.