Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
@Tom. If I ever get my recapped Classe's back from the shop, I'll report. DR6 pre and pair of DR9 power that I've had since the late 80s.  
 Those amps are awesome.  Buddy of mine used to have a DR9. He kept for several years just because of the build quality.  Sounded pretty darn good also. 
I would call a 20' x 20' room large. Square can cause standing wave problems, but openings on 3 sides helps that a lot. No real delineations apply for "large" or "small"; the 'how much power is enough' is an ongoing unknown. But swapping amps is a big deal; but reports are consistent that more is better, all else equal, which it never is . . .  As you all know, Thiel speakers are low impedance, requiring lots of current. However, that low impedance is gracefully resistive, which minimizes the problems. Classé DR amps are true current source output stages, so they match Thiel very well.  All that said, bridged /mono configuration is less friendly to low impedance loads than normal mode. So, it's a soup, and I suspect your soup tastes pretty good.

Additionally I am exploring bi-amping and believe that we can get better performance from those two amps via split normal mode than from bridged mono mode. Since most solid state amps can drive half the impedance in normal mode relative to bridged mono, and since Thiel loads are low impedance, my hypothesis, my experience in general and with the CS3 and house 3.5s suggests that (vertically) splitting a normal-mode amp between bass and upper registers delivers the best of all performance. You have two appropriate amps. In your shoes, I would explore vertical bi-amping rather than swapping those amps for bigger ones.

Beetlemania will soon test that hypothesis with his bi-ampable hot-rod 2.4s. Also, I will be outfitting my PPs, 2.2 and 3.6s for comparative experiments as time allows, since I have 4 channels of Classé DR9 in my rig.

I've run bridged mono and vertical biamp and I've gotten the vague impression that I prefer bridged mono.  I think the high gain contributes to dynamics.  It seems livelier.  I'm looking forward to reading how people here feel after trying both.  
I am likewise eager to hear people's experiences. Please cite your amp particulars; this performance would be related to low-impedance behavior.
Hi Tom - I own Thiel 3.6 and have for around 17 years and CS 6 for about 4 years.  I switch them in and out every few months or so, right now using the CS 6.

The only amplification I have used are Mcintosh 501 mono’s and Classe CA200, both of which I am intimately familiar with since I have owned both for several years.

Both are interesting, the 501’s have an obvious control over both speakers.  The Classe’s also have plenty of control, great midrange textures and are more open than the darker sounding Mac’s.  The Mac's might have a small degree of refinement compared to the Classe, perhaps the addition current.  Neither amp ever gives the impression of being “taxed” no matter how hard they are driven.  And I have been know to drive them with some good classic rock, blues, and jazz.

My room is large, 18 X 40 and I get plenty of Satisfying SPL  with both amps.  I also switch them in and out every so often.