This question is aimed to TRUE Elec Engineers, not fuse or wire directionality believers.

Has any of you ACTUALLY worked with and recommend a SSR which does not introduce any audible distortion on the speaker line and which can operate with a large range of trigger voltages (12 - 48 VDC, may need to have on board voltage regulator for this range).  I am building a speaker DC protector and do not want to use electro mechanical relays becoz of DC arcing and contact erosion issues.  It needs to be capable of switching up to 15 amps at about 100 volts.

Only TRUE engineers reply please.

Thanks

128x128cakyol
If these work as flawlessly as claimed, they could be employed also on the supply rails too.  Cut the speaker AND the supply rails within milliseconds upon a fault detection.  According to specs, they are rated at 10s of amps (but no voltage is specified).  I need to email & ask.

Thanx but one has to be very careful with other SSRs.  Most of them are made for motor control and are not suitable for audio freq range (20 - 20k) and some of them cannot stop DC and are only made for AC.  There are so many out there but only a VERY FEW are suitable for audio.

That is why I wanted to know if anyone had specifically used one and hence happy with the results.

Thanks