Speakers with the most detailed midrange? (non-ESL/planar)

Anyone care to give their opinion on what dynamic speaker has the most detailed/revealing midrange? Not including electrostatics or planar speakers. Approximately between the frequencies of 400Hz to 3kHz. Also, just to clarify what I mean by detail: when there is a musical passage that entails many different layers of instruments, the speakers' ability to separate all the elements so all the instruments are heard clearly and nothing is obscured. Also the ability to retrieve every last bit of information on a recording, such as random sounds in the studio, distortion in recordings and reverb tails.

As far as price goes... 2 categories... below $12,000 USD (new) and any price range. Thanks.
woofer72
I have heard Harbeth and could easily live with them although I use ATC.

Harbeth have a bit of coloration from the cabinet but it is pleasant. They don’t do full orchestral, big band or loud rock with quite the aplomb of ATC. Harbeth are however wonderful and easy to listen to! Great mid range and lovely classic FM sound.

You must audition Harbeth - they may indeed float your boat. The Compact 7ES3 is their best and most balanced sounding.

Thiel CS3.7's are pretty decent. Personally, I like Audio Physic (from the Joachim Gerhardt era), they tend to be very clean and clear in the midrange.
Over the holidays I took delivery of a pair of Daedalus Apollo's. With the lion's share of the break in process complete, I can say with confidence that the midrange presentation hits that very elusive sweet spot where tonal fidelity, extraordinary detail and an overall balance meet. I'll be listening and writing more about these soon but as I shut the system down after a late night session the other day this thread came to mind and thought I would chime in once more.
Another vote for ATC’s midrange. I have a pair of Proac’s that utilize that incredible mid-driver.
gosta - sounds like you have an awesome selection of speakers. The SCM150s are mammoth!

How would you compare the midrange detail on the Lipinski's to the ATC? Do the L-707s have the ability to separate the many layers on congested recordings and reveal micro-detail like the ATCs?

Thanks for the other suggestions. I have pretty much completely ruled out bass reflex speakers. The only bass reflex design I've heard that was ok was the PSI A-25M. They sound fast despite being ported. However, I've read that at higher volumes even their bass frequencies start acting up. I was excited to check out the Unity Audio Boulders because of the sealed cabinets, but when I finally heard them (I think mk2), I was disappointed that the midrange was not as detailed as the ATCs. The Boulders had fantastic drive though. 

PS- No offense to anyone about my thoughts on bass reflex designs. They are just not my preference now, even though I've had a few bass reflex design speakers in the past that I've thoroughly enjoyed.