Which Class D Amplifier? PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrill or other???

I’m looking for a new amp & want Class D.

I’ve seen various brands mentioned, such as PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrel to name a few, but I’ve not heard any of them.

Which company is producing the best sounding Class D?
Which models should I be looking to demo?

Thanks

singintheblues
Consider the amps made by Wyred for Sound.  I use a pair of SX-1000 in a bi-amp configuration with a pair of class AB amps driving MBL speakers.
I have some older Bel Canto units (before the Black series), pre and amp that have been superb. Super low noise, lots of oomph, sweet midrange on my Merlin VSM's, and I can leave them on all the time!

Current Class D has come a long way compared to a few years ago, who wouldn't want good amplification which is more efficient, takes up less space, runs cooler... and is possibly better value depending on which manufacturer you choose.

Yes Class D is improving as the high tech elements of the modules improve. Class D amps are like DACs in this regard. A current Class D amp will be much better than one from 10 years ago. 
+1 for D-Sonic.  Great build quality, no-nonsense design (some people see it as a bad thing, but I love black equipment with blue LEDs on them)!  Ton of power, they are awesome on Magnepans, which are very inefficient.
This is an interesting discussion.  I usually just lurk but I think I have a bit of a unique perspective.  Not only am I long-time audiophile but I am also the "sound guy" and tech for a popular band around my parts.
Class "D" has been used for years in the PA systems for sound reinforcement and the companies that produce that equipment have a lot of experience.  The designs have been refined and, frankly, the good stuff is at least as good or better than the stuff sold to "consumers." No longer should pro quality PA amps be considered the poor cousin to consumer equipment.

Personally, I use a pro Yamaha PA  class "D" amp (around 1000 watts per channel) to drive my electrostats.  It sounds great, is ultra reliable and even looks good. I has a built-in limiter and all kinds of speaker and amp protection. Pro equipment like this is designed to be ultra-reliable. I've used many kinds of different amps in the past - both pro and consumer (I'm a lucky guy since I have access to many) and the Yamaha has been my favorite now for several years.

There are lots of choices that sound great as well made by Peavey, Crown and others.  The newest Peavy IPR2 amps, for example, are incredibly light and powerful.  The IPR2-7500 cranks out over 2000 real RMS Watts both channels driven into four Ohms and weighs in at around 15 pounds. Just be sure to use a 20 Amp ac line to power it.

Just my two cents.