Jimmy Page, It's time to call your lawyers?

I'm pretty late to this party--as usual.  A Chicago radio station is starry-eyed over Greta Van Fleet.  I gave them a listen today.  All I could think was...

Is this a Zeppelin parody band? 

There are so many features to their sound, playing, and sonics that sound just like LZ--so much so that I cannot get into the music passionately.  These are (IMHO):  Vocals (phrasing mimics Robert Plant without stopping);  Lyrics (the themes seem, based on limited listening, to track LZ);  Lead Guitar (I cannot think of another guitarist who sounds like he's trying to sound like Page as much as this one).  

Does Greta Van Fleet sound like a facsimile to you?  I'm not hung up on punishing artists who copy, as I think it's part and parcel of the art form.  But I'm having real trouble getting past the photocopy nature of this.  Again, this is just one person's opinion. So curious to hear what others think and feel about this group.  I'd like to give them more of a chance and maybe others can help.  For now, I can't keep listening.

128x128jbhiller
What @bdp24 said, but do I have to burn their albums, I still like their music.
Vegas is FULL of musical look and/or sound alikes. It's the nature of the business. While some of us object, it's just the way it is folks.
When Zep came along they were perhaps trying to be as great as the Jeff Beck Group who had recently set the bar for live four piece Brit rock and roll bands (other than the Beatles of course), but Beck's band fell apart when they couldn't figure out how to write material (according to Beck) so Zep got that ball and ran with it. Van Fleet are very capable young dudes who somehow found an itch that needed scratching and with that singer can't help sounding Zeppy. They look great, are humble nice guys, and have been hugely successful even before their full size album was released, so hey...they're having fun. Sort of unstoppable at this point.

This thread is wandering..

IMO, R&R NEEDED the 60's American/British bands to "lift" from
the Blues legends.

That's how it developed. Page,Hendrix,Clapton,Beck...
took the riffs and expanded them to what R&R is(was)

If that didn't happen, the amazing sound, guitar riffs,groove...
wouldn't be there to shape EVERYTHING that IS R&R.

Here is what's troubling. After the 80's cheese factor of music, originality of R&R possibly has PEAKED?

GVF aren't taking Zep's  vibe to a new level  as the R&R founders did to the blues.
I think I even heard the lead singer do some audience interplay with a goofy English accent along with the Robert stance! Fail.

I'm trying to get past the cover band vibe and trying to hear something different.

GVF is embarrassing. I'm a hack living room guitarist, the musicianship is cover band level at best. Same guitar licks,moves we have all heard/seen at the neighborhood bar.

I dig a good cover band. Led Zep Again, how about Dread Zeppelin?
https://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=AwrDQ3LHRjJc1ToArNe5mWRH;_ylu=X3oDMTByN2RnbHFoBHNlYwN...

https://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=AwrDQ3LHRjJc1ToA5Ne5mWRH;_ylu=X3oDMTBzMHZ1YnZvBHNlYwN...

I agree with Wolfie's remark that GVF scratched an itch. I guess the scratch isn't for R&R snobs as myself.

GET OFF MY ROCK AND ROLL LAWN!

Led Zep once sued a band called Goldbug for using 'whole lotta love' .. when that song was effectively written by someone else.