MHDT or Border Patrol

I've been switching between a DACmagic Pus with an LPS, and a Schiit Modi Multibit DACs and while the sound is decent/acceptable I would like to "upgrade" to a non-OS tube DAC just to see if it adds more body and texture to the music without losing detail. Has anyone had a chance to compare the MHDT and Border Patrol DACs and can comment on their sound quality?  I have Bluesound Node2 feeding the DAC, into an upgraded Aric Audio tube preamp, McIntosh MC2200, and Vandersteen 2Ci speakers. I'm actually looking for more texture in the low/high treble and mid/low bass. Aric's preamp gives plenty of body/texture in the midrange spectrum.
Thanks in advance.  
128x128kalali
Keep in mind that the Border Patrol isn't a 'tube' DAC in the sense of output stage, the tube is in the power supply and can be switched in or out. 
I bought the Border Patrol as my first entry into digital in my main system and like it. I rolled the rectifier- found a NOS black plate Brimar UK EZ80 which I think gives a little more gravitas than the later gray plates that Gary has been installing in them from the factory. 
I haven't compared it to other DACs. I am pretty heavy on the vinyl playback side and though there is some missing 'air' and a bit less high frequency extension on my system, compared to my vinyl front end, I've been pleasantly surprised by just how good this sounds, both with a CD spinner and a computer based audio system. 
There is a huge difference in digital masterings, something that I'm used to in vinyl-land, but it makes more of a difference in digital than I would have predicted. (Though I shouldn't have been surprised). 
I bought the coax only version with the beefier power supply. 
Also keep in mind with MHDT Lab DACs you have a choice in DAC chips. This link provides a nice overview:

http://www.basshead.club/mhdt-labs-pagoda-stockholm-atlantis-and-canary/

I purchased the Pagoda (PCM1704), in part, because I wanted 24/192 native capability. It's a terrific sounding DAC. I wouldn't say it's "tubey" at all but detailed and natural. Prior to purchase I looked at the Border Patrol as well. I decided against it only because I have a very nice DAC based on the same TDA1543 chip (db Audio Labs Tranquility). I've read they have a similar sonic signature. I love the sound quality of the Tranquility btw.

I imagine either DAC will add the body/texture you're looking for. Tough choice .. perhaps you can trial both.
Thanks for the input. Didn't know about all the differences among the MHDT models. I've heard the Pagoda but in a much better system than mine and the owner did mention a good bit of the texture and the overall musicality was due to the DAC in the system. He had moved from a Benchmark DAC2 at the time. I hesitated and missed a great deal on a used Atlantis over the holidays....
I have in-house right now the MHDT Orchid for review.  I chose this MHDT model because it uses a TDA 1541 A chip.  

I found the Border Patrol to be a good sounding DAC.  However, for my tastes the MHDT offers a much higher level of performance in the very areas you are looking for.  If you roll the tube to a NOS WE396A D getter from the NOS tube that MHDT ships with you get even richer timbres/colors and more precise imaging and spatial qualities.  I believe the Orchid's build quality is better then the Border Patrol and it's a bargain at being about half the price of the other piece.
teajay, thanks. Do you use the Orchid for Redbook CD playback or for streaming higher resolution content, or both in your review? If both, do you feel the DAC responds to one better than the other? I'm just wondering how the 16-bit chip-based DACs like Orchid handle higher resolution content like 20/96 or higher.