Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Post removed 
jafant

I'll second your comment on the Listening Room.  That's where I got my 3.5s some years ago. 
Certainly running demanding speakers can cause amps to run hotter and that may shorten the life of the amp. Just another reason to run two amps bridged mono or vertical biamp. You double the available power and you also double the heat sinking. If you play at the same volume you would with a single amp you should ameliorate the heat problem significantly. My moderate current, fairly inexpensive amps will put out 200/400/800 into 8/4/2 ohms when run bridged mono. They’ll put a whole lot more than 200 into 8 ohms but I’m not looking to play loudly enough for the inability to double from 500 to 1000 watts to become a problem. They’ve been operating flawlessly for around 7 years now.
brayeagle
I had no idea that Don was a Thiel dealer/retailer at one time. Can you recall his electronics that drove those 3.5 loudspeakers? Very cool story and small world indeed.  I was there around 5 years ago and at that time he had Maggies and Sonus Faber.

Happy Listening!