seek a threashold power amplifier

in the 80s,threshold sold a mono block power amps.one class a and one class a/b.i seek the class a/b to buy.maybe not available because none sold.do not remember tag or model name.it was listed as 1 horsepower at 8 ohms.look up watts horsepower conversion table.the class a and class a/b were indentical cabinets.huge.the current mcintosh labs power amps mc2kw are 2000 watts at 2 4 8 ohms.about 3 horsepower and cost a fortune.threshold less by a mile if burn time a year or two classical music.HELP?anyone out there knows anything about this power amplifier.i am trying to buy the pair.
goingnuts
thank you edyun.yes i am aware there is no mechanical power amps but there is a conversion math,watts to horsepower and in reverse.your book reads 1 horse power at 8 ohms.how many watts makes one horsepower and some years ago i called pass labs and talked to mr pass.he did not tell the model i seek.so thank you for itell.
A little late to the party here. The SA12/e is a parallel amp design and the S1600e is bridged design. You would need to add a second FEB to the 12/e to convert to the 1600e. Both the SA12/e and the S1600e have 2 amps inside each monoblock. Parallel set up in the 12/e and bridged in the 1600e. Thus you need a second FEB for the inverted bridged connection to the second amp in the 12e to make it a 1600e. But, if you have a 1600e, you should be able to convert it to a 12/e with whats in there. I got this from the service manual of the 12/e which I have posted on DIYAudio. I have not read enough into it to know how you'd set bias, but I'm sure that could be figured out.

Disclaimer .... I may not really know what I'm talking about. If you have a 12/e or 1600e, better run this by Mr. Pass before you dive in with wire cutters and soldering iron!