Which Class D Amplifier? PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrill or other???

I’m looking for a new amp & want Class D.

I’ve seen various brands mentioned, such as PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrel to name a few, but I’ve not heard any of them.

Which company is producing the best sounding Class D?
Which models should I be looking to demo?

Thanks

singintheblues
@georgehifi ,
Similar or better.
Knowing Ralph, he is going to surprise us all.
(Now Rob Schneider in Cajun outfit saying 'You can do it Ralph').
B
Knowing Ralph, he is going to surprise us all.

Maybe, if he’s got the new GaN technology Like Merrill Audio has, and he's keeping it quiet till it’s released, you never know.
https://forum.audiogon.com/posts/1682049

Cheers George
 Okay, I just wanted to add a comment to my previous post to agree with other posters (that only appeared to me and I read after I posted) that potential lightning strikes are an extremely legitimate reason to unplug your amps and components.

Nothing wrong with that.

Best,
E

Damn George, for some one who doesn't like Class D you sure talk about it all the time.

Maybe take your own advice?
The need for higher switching frequencies in class D amps is usually based on the theory that current frequencies are too low and cause sound anomalies in the human audible range of 20- 20,000 Hz. Current class D switching frequencies are typically in the 400-600 KHz range with theory proponents claiming switching frequencies above about 1.5 MHz are required to ensure there are no sonic anomalies in the audible range.

However, this theory has never been scientifically proven and there’s virtually no evidence to support it. Several class D amp designers. including the highly respected inventor of Hypex NCore Bruno Putzeys, have publicly stated there’s no need for increasing the switching frequencies above current levels.

The human ear is capable of decoding intermixed harmonics and timing cues into the 200khz plus ---with zero jitter. Micro and macro signals intermixed. With two ears doing this as a combined spaced pair, with the micro and macro intermixed temporal cues.

So 1.5mhz, with zero distortion in all parameters might finally be good enough. Who knows. Except the amps, as good as they might be, very likely won’t make that spec.

Hearing has just about nothing to do with 20khz sine waves.
consider not looking at engineering specs .. and start looking at the literal library of research of the human ear.

After all... its about the ear, not the amplifier alone with just engineering weighting and engineering measurement considerations.

:)