Nuforce STA200

I am curious about the Nuforce STA200 amplifier  If anyone has experience with the amp it would be appreciated if you would share your listening impressions, both good and bad.  Some of the descriptions I have read classify it as a class AB amp and others a class D amp.  I am not technical savvy about these things, can a single amplifier be both? 
Thanks
George
jetter
Mike, your making me laugh.  In the late 70's I answered a classified ad and purchased a used Sansui receiver and Cerwin Vega speakers, just for a back patio room. I just came to expect compliments on the sound of that low $ stereo, and never again on any other set-up, including some plus $20K systems.  I eventually gave it to a friend.
Hey guys! I'm new on here and signed up just for the STA200. I've been lurking for a few months now and decided to get the STA200 based on everyone's amazing feedback on the amp. My amp is paired to Linn Kaber's (4 ohms, 87dB), and there is an audible hiss (without signal) when I bring my ears about a foot from the speakers. Is this normal for the amp? I'm still within the return/replace period of Amazon. Thanks!
My STA200 was/is dead quiet.  I am told some systems could have a gain issue which from what I understand means that if you pair the STA200 which has a high gain with a preamp having high gain you can end up with the hiss you mention.  One fix for this is a Schitt Sys passive for $49 between the amp and preamp.  Its set once and forgotten.  Unfortunately it does not sound like you have time to work through all of this, and really may just have a "bad" amp and not an gain issue.  If I have this wrong someone please jump in and correct me.
My STA200 is also dead quiet. Have used it with two speakers of 6-8ohms, 87dB for limited hours as it is new  Might be a compatibility problem with your preamp. Does hiss get louder as you turn up volume? Usually a gain driven hiss problem becomes more a concern with highly sensitive speakers. That said, I would not choose this amp for use with a speaker having an average load of 4ohms (see discussion above). 
I've had no trouble with 4 ohm speakers...currently Dynaudio Focus 220 mkll...