Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
From memory, the 1.6 front facing port is about 1.5” wide and maybe a foot tall. Probably about 2” thick and I’m going to guess the inside edge is square. Doesn’t seem like many 1.6 owners post here.
How wide is the slot and how deep from the inside / back to the start of the flare? Is the inside edge eased / rounded in any way?
The slot is about 1/2" wide x 12" long, inside the speaker there’s a about 1" thick x 2.5" height wooden wall around the slot (as port tube?), and yes it is rounded on the slot side.
Hope it help.
jab
Thanks for the offer ;) but I'll stick with my Thiels - unless I decide to look for a pair of 2.4s/2.7s/3.7s. I still haven't made a decision because I haven't been able to get past the uncertainty of knowing how the newer models will sound with my current setup - which I see no reason for changing. 
I hadn't listened to speakers for many years but have recently been visiting some dealers to listen to newer models and hear for myself how speakers have changed in 21 years. Turns out I think my 3.6s are better (in what I look for in a speaker anyway) than just about all of the new speakers I've listened to -- and that's in spite of all the sales gimmicks and "creative marketing" which unfortunately is still very much alive and well among too many high-end dealers. 
What I've learned in my travels: there are tons of speakers out there, but very few that are really worthy of serious consideration, and-after price is factored in-Thiels were and still are unique in combining value and excellent performance. Other speakers just "don't sound right." 
Who would've known that I'd have made such a good purchase decision over 30 years ago when I bought my first pair of  03a's.

tomthiel
Thank You for the follow up and clarification on Don's engineering discipline.  Nice score! on those CS 1.6 loudspeakers. You do indeed have a Hot Rod garage. Have fun!

Happy Listening!
imhififan
Good to see you again. Thank You for citing those slot dimensions and measurements. I do not believe that we have many CS 1.6 nor CS 1.7 owners on the Panel.

Happy Listening!