Need speaker suggestion for a larger room!

OK, out there - here's my situation:  I'm a Hi-Fi guy that goes back to 1952 - Brooke, Meisner, Mc C-1, etc.
Stayed with the good stuff - Mc., H H Scott, Marantz up until transistors took over in the mid-60's. 
One thing an another, I drifted from serious audio in the mid-80's and watched improving TV (!).

At an advanced age (84), wife and I are crawling back: Got a refreshed C-34 and MC7250 for signal
and a pair of decent M/L Ascents for transduction. LOVE the mid-range spacial effect!  Bass, mid and low,
is disappointing. 
For your consideration: Room is 26'L x 20'W x 8'H (4100+ cu. ft.) and "live"( some carpet and upholstered furniture), but much reflective wall area (glass) on either side; No help on opposite wall.
Unfortunately, aesthetics play a role: Speaker cabinet must be cream, black, or silver (!). 
I'm a fan of Tannoy sound, if this helps (used to own a pair of 12' Silvers WAY back), but their cabs are all
Walnut, or similar. Also, don't need to go to 18 Hz - We're in a condo - so an HONEST 30 cps is perfect.
Music pref: Classical, 20's and pre- 60's jazz, Piano ensembles + vibes,  Blue Grass, Tannoy demo CD's (!)

I'm hopeful some of you up-to date folks will help us uncover a few good speakers options. Our budget:
no more than $7,000.00.  Oh - and good used examples are just fine. Probably preferred, given our budget!

Thanks a lot for whatever you can share!
Bo

128x128broockies
Brookies you actually need a speaker-with very good deep bass as the size of the room will not give you the room gain that will reinforce the bass also you be further away you will lose spl.

For 7k you can get a brand new pair of legacy audio focus signatues in any finish you like

They are not too big nor too small

They image very well and have excellent bass great clarity extenstion and speed.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ Legacy Dealers
In my room, which is larger than your own, I built a pair of Tannoy HPD 315's (12" Dual Concentrics), and installed them in custom 150 liter bass reflex cabs. Mine may be too heavy for you and your wife to handle without help, at 192 lbs. each. There are alternative methods and materials to my nearly two inch thick MDF cabs, to lighten construction considerably.

I suggest you take a look on Ebay UK, and see what is available. You can then have enclosures built with any finish you want. I love my Tannoys, they will be with me for the rest of my life, and then be handed down to one of my children.

Best regards,
Dan
There’s a black pair of Nola KOs at a deep discount. They’re an open baffle design so may exhibit a lot of the spatial characteristics you like about the MLs but with bass down to 30Hz. I think these would be a great choice for what you’re looking for.

https://www.upscaleaudio.com/collections/nola/products/nola-ko-floorstanding-loudspeaker-pair

Another great speaker that has excellent spatial characteristics is the Joseph Audio Profile. These can be found used for around $4000 or less used and I believe $7000 new. Here are some pix -- not very big but will fill your room with glorious sound, and I thought the black cabinets with silver drivers might work well with your decor needs.

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/Capital_Audiofest_2016/Now_Listen_Here_Joseph_Audio_Rogue_Audio/

One more I'll throw out as a long shot because they're hard to find in the US, the Boenicke W8 is small but images like crazy, and in its ash finish it kinda looks like cream. 

https://www.audioemotion.co.uk/boenicke-audio-w8-10990-p.asp

Hope this helps, and best of luck.