Luxman Integrated - What do they sound like

Hi Everyone,

I'm considering getting myself a late 2018 Christma present or early 2019 birthday present.

Modern Luxman reviews are really hard to come by, and are generally just superlative without being very qualitative. I mean, it's all "rah rah rah!! " and no actual details.
For anyone who has listened to them lately, can you tell me what they actually sound like in comparison to other nice amps I might have heard?

Thank you,
Erik

erik_squires
Wanted to give my piece to this. I just brought home the 509X for an in home audition with my Spendor D9's. The amps that I have heard for a reasonable amount of time include my own Line Magnetic 805ia (with NOS and fairly pricey new issue tubes), Hegel 360, Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP Integrated (which I had for about 2 weeks at home). 

The Luxman's build quality is easily the best that I have tested at home. It looks like it was meant to last a life time and I would expect it to given how well built it is. It is also very nice to look at. The sound is what is more important though and I think this is worth delving into a bit more. In my system, with my components and speakers, I enjoy it as much as I do my Line Magnetic save for some of that magical tube quality that I can't quite pinpoint. It is above the Hegel I heard with Magico A3's and the Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP which I had at home for a few weeks. Dynamics, strength, effortlessness are all words that I would use to describe this amp. Great extension at both the high and low range. The midrange is so smooth and yet accurate at the same time. Tight low end bass control was evident upon connecting this amp to my system. I could be perfectly happy with this amp for a long, long time. I am curious about the Class A 590AX II however and would like to try that out before making a decision but it is likely that I will be getting a Luxman soon. 
Hello Erik, I home demoed the Luxman pre/power combo (C-700U and M-700U) which apparently has a very similar sound signature to the integrated. I wrote a review comparing it to other amps I demoed and below is a link to the review:
(https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/a-review-of-some-amps-on-home-demo-naim-v-luxman-v-devialet-...

In summary the Luxman had the most valve-like sound to me, a very rounded smooth sound compared to the other amps I was testing. It lacked a little in fine detail compared to the others. It was very easy to listen to and created no fatigue at all, whatever I threw at it. It was the most forgiving of poor harsh recordings. On well-recorded 50s/60s vocal music (think Sinatra etc) it was absolutely sublime, just amazing. The sound wrapped itself around you. On complex classical music it was a little more muddled than the others. On rock it was good on 70s rock (Pink Floyd in particular), and good enough on live recordings. On electronica/dance music (Daft Punk, Kraftwerk etc) the reduced detail meant the music lost a lot compared to the other amps I was testing (Naim, Vitus and Devialet).
I have the 509x. it replaced a Parasound Halo "Hint". I can only compare it to the HINT.  Caveat: I am not an analytical listener and haven't owned many high end amps.

In my room, with my ears it was an improvement. I hear better bass, improved soundstage and  it makes music more enjoyable for me. I'd say it has compelling dynamics while imparting more of a mellow flow to the music (if that makes sense).

The comparisons to Parasound are a big help. I owned A23s for a while (2 amps) and I can't hear a difference between that and my current amps (ICEpower 250 ASP).