CD Got Absolutely Crushed By Vinyl

No comparison, CD always sounds so cold and gritty. Vinyl is so much warmer, smoother and has better imaging and much greater depth of sound. It’s like watching the world go by through a dirty window pane when listening to a CD. Put the same LP on the turntable and Voila! Everything takes on more vibrancy, fullness and texture. 
128x128sleepwalker65
chakster
Right, but the cartridge is first and only component that physically riding your records, so in my opinion cartridge is the key.

@chakster
Well then, in your own words "physically riding", shortened to "ride" for the purpose of this post.....

The Litz ............rides the tonearm/cart.
The tonearm ....rides the cartridge and TT/Shelf.
The cartridge... rides the record.
The record .......rides the platter/TT
The TT .............rides the shelf.

A lot of riding going on.

“To replicate this much with off the shelf gear, you’d have to spend the better part of $6,000.”

You left something out...what is the CD player/DAC in comparison?
@ct0517 then finally, The Listener .... rides:

If you want it let's do it
Ride it, my pony,
My saddle is waitin',
Come and, jump on it
If you want it let's do it
Ride it, my pony,

-- Rihanna
@ct0517 

A lot of riding going on.  

But only cartridge and its diamond rides in the groove where the music is, so only diamond touch the groove walls. If you have some problem right there you can not fix it anywhere else, no matter how well treated your room or how good is your tonearm and phonostage, turntable, cables and speakers. Your cartridge is the first and most important component in agalog chain. 

It seems to me maybe real to real is the best solution.  I personally prefer digital because you can get a lot of noise from vinyl in the background.