Surprised at this Chinese powered speakers for peanuts...

I came across Edifier R-1700BT speakers on the Amazon and it changed my opinion on mass produced Chinese computer speakers. It is bi-amped and has enough of transparent highs and clear mid to satisfy even many of the members here I bet. 

It costs $150 shipped. It has engaging lively presentation - quality of amp is good as well as the woofers and tweeters.

If you need computer speakers, TV speakers (optical input supported), or giveing a system to your kids, you can audition these and send them back if you don't like them for free from a seller on eBay - the first listing when search for them.

I am totally blown away with these - as enjoyable as well regarded Audio engine computer speakers in my opinion. I mate them with Chromecast Audio ($15) and I have a complete wifi system for peanuts, and sitting there wondering why I have spent all that money and effort on hifi gears...No affiliation - just want to share my find.

gongli3
   I completely agree with you Garcia...They are bi-amp-ed while the Audio Engines are not so treble sounds better to me, although Audio Engines are good too. I am glad they are working out for you...that's why I shared the info for others to try. 

Happy new year to everyone and good listening to all...

Note these speakers are NOT working out for me, they're working out for my daughter. However, I've been recommending them to people who ask my opinion on inexpensive stereo stuff (I get asked about this at least twice a year) or nearfield monitors for recording (once every two and a half years maybe). If I didn't already have my recording monitors sorted out, I'd use Edifyers in a second as most speakers designed for that simply suck, or are much more expensive.
Has anyone heard the Vanatoo transparent One Encore that can be pre-ordered?  thanks