CD Got Absolutely Crushed By Vinyl

No comparison, CD always sounds so cold and gritty. Vinyl is so much warmer, smoother and has better imaging and much greater depth of sound. It’s like watching the world go by through a dirty window pane when listening to a CD. Put the same LP on the turntable and Voila! Everything takes on more vibrancy, fullness and texture. 
128x128sleepwalker65
I have been very much into both CD and LP for a long time.  I can comfortably say my Clearaudio Master Reference turntable (with Koetsu Onyx long body on Thales Simplicity II) sounded better than my Burmester 089 CDP (on 011 pre and 911mk3 amp) in most situations (meaning both on hifi recordings). I know it is an Apple to Orange thing, but in general I would agree with the OP. Just my 2 cents. 
If you owed a forsell air transport mk2 and a stax dac. You wouldn’t say thing like that. on the other hand if you owe old esoteric CD player or Krell then I would agree with your statement 
“A CD player can be had for as little as $100 if your standards aren’t too high. A $500 CD player really doesn’t have much better sound quality, and neither does a $1500 or $3000 CD Player. All you get for that exorbitant price is a little better build quality. As others said, digital is only an imitation, analog is the real and lasting thing“

The OP has preconceived notions about digital playback....nothing we say or suggest otherwise would change his opinion.