8 track CRUSHES CD,Vinyl and everything else!!!

Just thought the title is appropriate, because there seems to be a lot of "crushing" lately.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=Awr9FqwAAkpcj28AwY6KnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTIyNGJpZmhoBHNlY...
 I

I think of a millennial written article on Yahoo when I see that word used.
tablejockey
Yup tape bashers have little idea what they’re talking about or they’ve had experiences with only low end systems back in their days.  
The topic is 8 track.
Reel to reel is quite different from the old, back in the day, technology which was indeed mainly intended for car audio.   I am stunned at how expensive new r to r music costs.  Pretty sure they sound incredible though.
There are several issues that limit 8 tracks to lo-fi status, but probably the biggest is the pinch roller being part of the cartridge itself which - combined with the endless loop - contributed to their high-ish wow and flutter. Broadcast carts got around that limitation by making the roller part of the player, not the cart.
Audio cassettes for the most part sound wonderful, fuller and more dynamic and natural than your average CD. 
I agree that cassettes are a great medium. That probably explains why Nakamichi cassette decks are one of the few used stereo components where prices are escalating.