This question is aimed to TRUE Elec Engineers, not fuse or wire directionality believers.

Has any of you ACTUALLY worked with and recommend a SSR which does not introduce any audible distortion on the speaker line and which can operate with a large range of trigger voltages (12 - 48 VDC, may need to have on board voltage regulator for this range).  I am building a speaker DC protector and do not want to use electro mechanical relays becoz of DC arcing and contact erosion issues.  It needs to be capable of switching up to 15 amps at about 100 volts.

Only TRUE engineers reply please.

Thanks

128x128cakyol
1) "Finally, although it’s more of an academic point than one having practical significance, if a large DC voltage is suddenly applied to a capacitor, and a large current briefly flows corresponding to C(dv/dt), the nearly instantaneous change in voltage means that spectral components are present at non-zero frequencies, at and near that instant. Which by definition means that the voltage is not DC, at and near that instant." 2) "The tweeter was damaged because there was significant inrush current to charge that particular cap. Once charged no more current flows. That is how an exponential charging curve works." That explains why transients both blew the tweeter and caused the pops from the woofer, when the discharged capacitor and battery were reconnected. Whatever was passed through the nonpolarized capacitor ("spectral components"/DCV/Dark Energy?), it blew the tweeter and created sound(however briefly) through the woofer. Again, I wish I had a scope, with which to better record the duration and amplitude of the spike.   Apparently, no one out there with a scope, cares enough to perform such a simple experiment, to either confirm or disprove my results.
That's because there is no need. I've got plenty of scopes but its academic.
Just don't put a cap on the tweeter that is larger than it what is needed to cross it over properly, and you won't be able to damage the tweeter when DC is applied to the speaker. Ask any speaker designer.
For anyone who risk blowing their thousands of dollars costing speakers because they rely on tweeter caps, be my guest and good luck.

I still will be building my protection circuit :-)

"That’s because there is no need. I’ve got plenty of scopes but its academic." Sorry to say, that’s what I expected. Regarding, "Ask any speaker designer." I made my living, in Orlando/Winter Park, FL, repairing/reconing speakers, designing/building and selling pro and home audio speaker systems, back in the 70s and early 80s. The ’Great Winter Park Sinkhole’, pretty much put me out of business. It ate part of my property(along with all utilities) and three neighboring businesses, almost bought it as well(two did, not that any of that matters). Happy listening! https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/nationworld/os-fla360-pictures-winter-park-sinkhole-20121113-ph...
Yikes!! Sorry to hear about that!
Did you ever see a case where the tweeter was damaged by a shorted output transistor? I only saw it happen if the amplifier was overloaded (in which case the woofer often survived).