MQA is Legit!

Ok, there is something special about MQA.  Here is my theory:  MQA=SACD.  What do I mean by this?  I mean that since there might be the "perception" it sounds better, then there is way more care put into the mastering and the recording.   Of course I have Redbook CD's that sound just as good (although they tend to be "HDCD" lol)... Bottom line:  a great recording sounds great.  I wish more labels and artists put more time into this--it's great to hear a song for the 1000th time and discover something new.  

What are your thoughts on MQA and SACD?
waltertexas
junzhang10143 posts01-28-2019 6:56pmI played 2L MQA samples from Tidal. It says original file size is 384Khz/24bit. Most MQA is 96Khz/24bit. Hi rate sample music definite is more involving and dynamic. I would say close to SACD disc. I am using Oppo205 MQA hardware decoding. Many android device can decode MQA use software decode.

I agree with you with the comparison either on a very goo SACD Player. Some units are definitely better than others. I would even go as far a Redbook CD’s. One of the best test is the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band by the Beatles. I didn’t like the original recording back in 1967 played on LP’s and all CD formats. To me it was harsh and painful to listen to. I do understand that equipment and sound was completely different back then. When I revisited the album last year, I listed to it in MQA format with a Meridian 218 Controller with Roon and Tidal in 24/96. I was blown away and couldn’t believe what I was hearing. The music was smooth and warm. A very tube like sound. The harshness completely disappeared and I was able to truely enjoy the music. Let me know if anyone had that experience with the Meridian 218 controller.
Man the samples at 2L are all pretty awful in my book, not sure how you can tell the difference. All of them were universally bright and hard sounding.

If you find any 2L recordings (in any format) you find great please let me know.
MQA is DEAD!! Just face it. If it were the savior of audiophilism that the stereo rags touted, all the big labels would be pumping this stuff out left and right to get in on the action. 
I just took delivery of a dCS Bartok. Full MQA is very, very good. I also have HiRez downloads from HDTracks. Same cut on TIDAL MQA sounds exactly the same as HiRez FLAC file.... really good.

Jcat femto > dcs Bartok > AR Ref 6 > MC601 monos > Magnepan 20.7