WHAT TURNTABLE?

CONSIDERING A VPI PRIME SIG. (USED) VS A REGA RP10 (NEW) YOUR THOUGHTS,PLEASE
128x128roger4000
The VPI Prime with the uni pivot 3D arm would be my choice, hard to beat for the money, as a matter of fact I have one in my main system with SDS, SMFA, Periferal ring and Stillpoints LPS record clamp running a ZYX Universe and it sounds heavenly.
LOL. Two tables each with some big things going for and against them. Very different schools/camps, so you’ll get very polar responses. I guess if it were me starting over and choosing between this pair, I’d give the Prime Signature a shot - but only in the wood finish (it’s honestly gorgeous), and after replacing the unipivot with whatever their best gimbal arm currently is. Ring clamp would be a great add-on, too - who doesn’t want the ability to perfectly flatten warped vinyl? Then I’d brace myself for the Mk 2, 3, 4, 5, ... N versions to roll through over the next few years.

Either one should be a really nice setup, with caveats.
Love my RP10.  I had VPI for 20 years.  Nice table but I will never own another PITA unipivot.   Ever.  Even for free.  

Do you have a springy floor? are you wall mounting? do you need more isolation? things to consider with these two different camps in table design. suspended table with some mass (VPI), unsuspended low mass table (rega). both can be great if you have the proper set up to take advantage of both tables issues.

I'd prefer the VPI over the Rega but that's because I can not wall mount in my place. I also feel the VPI will hold its value better in the long run, IMO

Now if it was my money I'd buy a Garrard 301-401 or TD 124 and build up a reference table.  

Hi, and thanks everyone for your responses, it looks like the unipivot arm is not everyones cup of tea. so to answer Glen, I have concrete floors and a target rack. I guess i'll tell you about the system, I'm using a mission table right now,with a glider(benz micro) cart. I have a cary sli80,love it, esoteric sacd player,bottom of the line. and focal satellites and sub.all pluged into a ps audio regenerator. with kimber kable. I love the look of the vpi table but I've never really set up a dialed in an expensive cart. I live in Tulsa and we have no dealers near by. so buying a premounted cart is appealing. but I have reservations about being locked into the rega ecosystem. as far cartridges go is the apheta2 a good one? and yes I do consider myself lucky to even be making this choice. thanks again everyone!