WHAT TURNTABLE?

CONSIDERING A VPI PRIME SIG. (USED) VS A REGA RP10 (NEW) YOUR THOUGHTS,PLEASE
128x128roger4000
Love my RP10.  I had VPI for 20 years.  Nice table but I will never own another PITA unipivot.   Ever.  Even for free.  

Do you have a springy floor? are you wall mounting? do you need more isolation? things to consider with these two different camps in table design. suspended table with some mass (VPI), unsuspended low mass table (rega). both can be great if you have the proper set up to take advantage of both tables issues.

I'd prefer the VPI over the Rega but that's because I can not wall mount in my place. I also feel the VPI will hold its value better in the long run, IMO

Now if it was my money I'd buy a Garrard 301-401 or TD 124 and build up a reference table.  

Hi, and thanks everyone for your responses, it looks like the unipivot arm is not everyones cup of tea. so to answer Glen, I have concrete floors and a target rack. I guess i'll tell you about the system, I'm using a mission table right now,with a glider(benz micro) cart. I have a cary sli80,love it, esoteric sacd player,bottom of the line. and focal satellites and sub.all pluged into a ps audio regenerator. with kimber kable. I love the look of the vpi table but I've never really set up a dialed in an expensive cart. I live in Tulsa and we have no dealers near by. so buying a premounted cart is appealing. but I have reservations about being locked into the rega ecosystem. as far cartridges go is the apheta2 a good one? and yes I do consider myself lucky to even be making this choice. thanks again everyone!
There's a VPI dealer in Moore, OK, Reference Analog.  Don't know how far it is from Tulsa but the owner is a good guy, I bought a cart from him a couple years ago. 
I would also highly suggest you contact the Reference Analog. The owner is Jeff Harris and is one of the best analog guys around. He does in home cartridge setup and will not steer you wrong. I’ve bought all my gear from him, including all my VPI tables and other gear. PM me and I can get you connected with him - I think it is worth a call to see what he can offer you (pricing, service, etc). He has been a great resource for after service care with setup and other issues that have came about.  I think you'd be surprised how close the pricing is with some of the used VPI tables on the market, and with the knowledge and support Jeff provides, it is well worth it, imho.