CD Got Absolutely Crushed By Vinyl

No comparison, CD always sounds so cold and gritty. Vinyl is so much warmer, smoother and has better imaging and much greater depth of sound. It’s like watching the world go by through a dirty window pane when listening to a CD. Put the same LP on the turntable and Voila! Everything takes on more vibrancy, fullness and texture. 
128x128sleepwalker65
"Uuugggghhhhh!!!!!This isn’t a debate on perception, it’s a debate on the medium and associated technologies. C’mon people, it’s not about WHO is right or wrong."

sleepwalker65-

Cmon, YOU knew what was gonna happen.
With a title that includes "Crushed by Vinyl"...oh never mind.

Entertaining read. It's a group of little boys arguing in the sandbox.
We all like what we like, and even the know it alls won't change that.

I hope everyone on the right half of the country is staying warm. It looks awful in the news reports. A perfect time to get those tube amps cookin'...especially those big bottle Class A SET's!

It's a little rainy here, in weirdoville SoCal. 

Perfect day to put on my Pete Townsend white jumpsuit for some bin diving.There are cheap,WHITE HOT STAMPERS waiting to be found!

@fleschler

The seller would refund me if I paid the freight back (which would cost me for two shipments

You don’t know how to use paypal buyer’s protection, no matter what the seller would like you to do, paypal always on the buyer’s side and they will cover return shipping too. I did that not only with records, but with cartridges sold as new, but being used or even defective. The difference in case with a record is that i got refund without even shipped back the record in 80% of thr cases. If the condition is not as described paypal buyers protection guaranteed full refund even for return shipping if needed. Just open claim on paypal, not on ebay, next time.

You have to know that it is IMPOSSIBLE for the ebay seller to leave negative feedback for the buyer since the order is paid! Ebay changed that many years ago.

I hope this info will help you next time. 
Have over 500cds in 100 packs and my original purchased in a cd bookshelf as wide and high as I...what do i do...cant choose and like to relax...fisher 24 disc player is amazing but you can only listen to the same music so many times.SO...
Over the last few months i began to stream the audio digital channel from our dstv/sat system to av receivers.One in the lounge and one in the workshop.The digital transmission is superb and brings any system to life.The local fm channels are also on sat and are now a pleasure to listen to..many djs turn the mic up and the distorted modulation is now a thing of the past..as well as our crappy analog towers.
I did not know that the seller could not leave negative feedback after the order was paid for.  I've been threatened twice with negative feedback after telling the seller that the record was in garbage condition (one looked fine but had one channel carved out/distorted by some reckless user and another had a 1000 pops/clicks and also looked NM).  Maybe I'll start buying a few more records on ebay again.  At least with CDs, I've never received a bad one from 1000s I've purchased from ebay and Amazon. 
Fleabay also protects its “preferred” sellers from negative feedback, even when warranted. There’s really no recourse to punish a bad fleabay seller once they’ve reached a certain status with them, so PayPal is your best friend.