Mint LP provides Stevenson Alignment

First, I happen to own and like a Mint LP protractor, but over the course of time it has become obvious to me that no one up to now has pointed out that it is providing the Stevenson alignment.  I have even read several self appointed  experts here argue vehemently that either Lofgren or Baerwald alignments are far superior to Stevenson, but then go on to equally strongly advocate the use of the Mint LP.  If ever there were an argument that alignment is somewhat over emphasized in our hobby, this is perhaps a good example of the truth of that thought.  Recently I bought a Feickert protractor, which is very easy to use and have tried all the alignments using it.  I can hear differences, but not always, certainly not on every track of every record, and honestly they are all good.  So don't get you pants in a bunch over this trivial issue.
billstevenson
Anyone can reread an earlier post about alighment methods, so much has been said HERE
@downunder  : "  despite the BS about higher distortion figures. ""

as I said it: that's what you like it and was not me who used the BS expression. Every one has what his knoledge levels permit and what you have is exactly that. BS or not you can't do nothing against facts and you have no single fact that proves what you posted other than the BS: " That's what I like it ", this is real BS. Don't you think? where are your facts? where?

R.
@downunder:"What tonearm do you use Bill?      or perhaps he has changed his views, or more like he has a more detailed database to do what generally sounds better."
I have several turntables, three of which have Mint LP protractors:  A VPI HW19 with SME III tonearm, a VPI Prime with two tonearms, a 3D and a metal arm (use the same protractor for both), and a Technics SL1200GAE.  All are Stevenson.  As you say perhaps he has changed his views over the years.  Clearly he has given different information at different times to those who have contributed here.  This could be a language based or contextual misunderstanding. 

I believe the Mint LP protractor to be the most accurate tool in my experience, but it is not the quickest, nor is it the easiest to use.  It also is very costly if multiple TTs are involved.  The Feickert if used carefully yields results that are very similar.  The sound differences of the various alignments are relatively easily evaluated using the Feickert, which is a major selling point.  The differences between Lofgren and Baerwald are very difficult to distinguish, at best, on most tracks.  Stevenson is more different and hence easier to hear, but it is not always easy to say which is better.  I think the vehemence surrounding this issue in our hobby is clearly irrational.
@billstevenson 

Hi Bill. thanks for the reply.

Given the 3 tables you mention, logic dictates Yip used Stevenson. the VPI alignment jig, Harry says its designed to have the least distortion in the last 3rd of the LP so similar to Stevenson.  As we all know the last 3rd is the hardest part of any LP to track and play, hence why having the least distortion in alignment curves imo is the most important aspect ( despite our mexican friend not being able to hear as he only listens to specs, not music) 

At some stage, it might be fun to use the VPI alignment jig to see if you still prefer the Mint Stevenson alignment.

cheers