Where to hear ATC speakers

I'm intrigued by all the discussion of ATC speakers. I live in NYC, and I can't find anywhere to demo any model, let alone the sctive SCM40s I want to hear.  Anybody know a place?

Also listening to Wilson Sabrina and Vandersteen Quattro CT.   My Thiel 3.6s I've had since 1994 may have bitten the dust.
ahofer
For your Thiels I would look for a local tech to look at them, really no reason to send them half way across the country for another tech. If you are just trying to repair them any competent tech can change a failed part. I'd imagine there are quite a few competent techs in NY. Ask your local audio dealer for a recommendation on a local Tech.  
Ahofer, in the case of the Kef LS 50 active vs passive no question the actives are better. 

In the case of a more expensive speakers there are more issues at stake.

You have to like the sound of the amplfication built into the speaker or in cases of actives with dacs then you have to like the sound of that part of the chain as well.

In our shop we never sold that many of the active Kefs because if you went with the passive R5  at $2,800.00 plus a Nuprimce IDA 8 a 100 watt integrated dac the sound of the better passive speakers was far superior and the money was more but not that bad compare active plus stands $2,200 + stands $400 = $2,600

Kef R 5 floorstanders $2,800 plus amp $1,000.00 no stands $3,800.00 factor in speaker cable and you are a bit further but the difference in the size of the image, bass response and overall clarity still points to the better speakers with the external amplifier. 

So you have to factor in will the active 40 do it for you with the very clean sound of the built in ATC amplifiers or would you prefer the passives which you can flavor with a dac/preamp/streamer/amp of your choice such as the Naim Uniti Nova or the new Krell K300i integrated the actives will sound cleaner the passives may be flavored more to your tastes it will come down to a demo to see which way would be best for you.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
Regarding ATC and phase response, I looked into this a little bit a few months ago and came away with the impression that they probably had perfect phase alignment between the drivers at the crossover point but that they probably weren’t in phase over the entire frequency range to the degree that Thiel and Vandersteen are. I’m not sure, though. I don’t understand the technical side that well and what I found on the ATC site wasn’t that clear. If anyone understands and can explain this it’d be great.
Jim Thiel and Richard Vandersteen more than understand time and phase, i would say they pioneered it, certainly stuck with it as an ordinal design principle over the years, including very precise crossover matching to drivers in the anechoeic chamber. You can run your balanced lines to small monoblocks right behind the speakers. But yes the ATC actives are very good as is the power amp they use to get there...many studios run them in racks.
i would say GO LISTEN !!!
It's almost as if the Wilsons push the image towards you, whereas my Thiels tended to create a solid image at speaker position and behind - more of an audience position.
I hear ya.  I'm in the same boat sonic wise.  Have you heard the Vandys yet?  If not I highly recommend Audio Connection out in Verona NJ.  They also happen to carry ProAc, which are also awesome and very worth a listen.  I'd also HIGHLY encourage you to find a Joseph Audio dealer and listen to the Profiles, Pulsars, and Perspectives.  I don't believe they're technically time or phase coherent, but they have a unique crossover design that produces magical 3D imaging and an incredible disappearing act.  They're made out on Long Island so they gotta have a dealer somewhere near NYC.  As a dark horse, I'd also go hear Boenicke speakers.  Look them up -- they sound very intriguing if imaging and soundstaging are high on your list of priorities.  And I believe they have a dealer in Manhattan.

Just some other options if you dare.  Anyway, hope this helps and have fun exploring!