Why not horns?

I've owned a lot of speakers over the years but I have never experienced anything like the midrange reproduction from my horns. With a frequency response of 300 Hz. up to 14 Khz. from a single distortionless driver, it seems like a no-brainer that everyone would want this performance. Why don't you use horns?
macrojack
Vernneal - That's subject to personal circumstances. My horns are 24" wide by 21" deep by 52" tall. Not small and not enormous. Because they are back near the front wall, their space consumption isn't particularly egregious, however, the 18" diameter horn mouth is pretty eyecatching. In other words, the aren't really too big but they are pretty conspicuous.

Given the need for space behind them, I would say that most panels are effectively larger.
macro,

Have you provided pictures of your setup?

That would help others get a better picture of where you are coming from.
Mapman - My setup is shown on the Acoustic Horn website. I have provided several links earlier in this thread but no one seems to have noticed.

Go to "Testimonials" and scroll down to "Tom in Denver". I'm not actually in Denver but that isn't too important. You should be able to enlarge the photos with just one click. The speakers are still the same even though I have changed most of the rest of the pictured gear.
Thanks for the explanation JohnK, you lost me in the first sentence though. Makes me wonder why wood is still used then if there is better available? $53,000 is just plain ludicrous for a pair of speakers in my eyes. Would love to hear them one day though.