Tekton Design's new THE PERFECT SET equals "goosebumps time"

Just got in house for review for hometheaterreview.com Tekton Design’s new, The Perfect SET, which is close to 100dB efficient and never dips below 8 ohms, which Eric built to be used with SET "flea watt" amplifiers. It is a front ported design using a 12 inch woofer and his patented array of small transducers that function as a midrange driver with a single tweeter in the middle. I set them up in a system with a great 2A3 SET amplifier and found them so superlative I did not stop listening for over five hours! Taking about "goosebump time" the music was so beautiful that
I lost track of time.

These speakers have all the virtues of the other Tekton speakers, speed, utter transparency/micro-details, great soundstaging, and that special "aliveness" that I experience when I listen to my Ulf’s. What really amazed me was what the Perfect SET was delivering on the bottom end frequencies, subterrainian/taut powerful bass, that was shaking the room, all coming from at most 2.5 to 3 watts.

If you love SET amplifiers this speaker is a match made in heaven, and remember this pair just arrived and is not totally burnt in yet.

teajay
Wow, you guys are brutal. This reminds me of an article Hunter Thompson wrote for Scanlon's, on the Kentucky Derby, a long rambling article that never mentioned the race. So getting back to the speaker,
"goosebumps" (While not a word in my vocabulary, mine would be jaw dropping.) I agree...if playing well recorded full spectrum music. (I'm not a hifi guy, my main speakers are meyer x-10.) What i found with less than full spectrum audio was a thin sound, which I'd compare to listening to music through your TV speakers, the sound was correct but it wasn't BIG. (CD referred to Warren Zevon 'Learning to Flinch' a live sound board recording. This has great energy but doesn't sound great, unless playing on the car or Psb Amazing Alpha, which somehow fills in the missing low-mids(not well, but tolerable. Had a similar experience with Little Feats 'Waiting for Columbus'. I've resolved this issue by adding the
speaker off a Event Opal I have, blended in using a Meyer cp-10. rolled in at 700 hz off at3k.
Now if your source is good, I've heard nothing better, these are dead black Quiet, and the bass (which is why I bought these. I was looking for 
deep BIG articulate, resonate bass that I can play at a lower volume than the Meyer's) is absolutely phenomenal. The 7 array are the most realistic reproduction of sound I've encountered in any speaker, spoken word is like the person is real and standing talking to you. (example: Rolling Stones 'stripped' Mick's vocal are exact, and when he talks between songs it sounds like he's physically in the room. I've never heard sound reproduction like this. Realistic is a an understatement.
So to answer general questions; 1) I like the way it looks(not the driver arrangement, but a big strong box. I do prefer speakers to be wider than tall, but looks are secondary, at best.
2) with a 2.5 set amp I would estimate that sensitivity is probably 92-93db. Just a guess based on other speakers I have, with known sensitivity.
3) they play fine with solid state  (marantz pm 7000 95watt classB)
4) I used this with a Nagra reel to reel (and heard a level of Tape Hiss I never heard before- very revealing. Alesis ADAT, Alesis Masterlink,
Sonosax minir 82, Sony PCM D 100, and Pono Player. They all performed excellent no issues.
5) Loud, is subjective I think they'll satisfy most everyone i maxed the Marantz and heard zero issues.I tried to max the MC 275 but hit amp distortion first (Nagra Jazz Pre)
Now I'm in the loud camp ( I'm the guy that left a Zeppelin concert and said, well that could have been louder.) I had the Forte iii with a MC 275,
and they were not loud enough for me. Neither are these, but again,        I LIKE IT LOUD!
Hope this helps

Dgny I agree with the 7 array design , if you can match them or tune them properly , like I did , you will enjoy the musicality coming out of them. Array design works....For me they sounds live... What Clemen Perry describe on Encore Tektons is very very true, that’s what I hear on my impact monitor in a small way....Anyone on the Chicago area has Encore? 
I do prefer speakers to be wider than tall
What speaker is wider than it is tall besides a Quad ESL?

Post removed