Do you listen to equipment or music.

This Blog got me to thinking about the subject:
https://www.blogger.com/u/1/blogger.g?blogID=6484902156509233383#editor/target=post;postID=191909277...
In the past I have spent hours listening to the same part of the same song just to fine tune various components of the of the audio system. I even move speakers and listen - move them again and listen more. Sometimes I wonder what I am doing. Whatever it is, when I get into this mode, I am not listening to the music.  It would be nice how the community feels about listening to music or equipment.
johnspain
I had not changed any major audio equipment from 2012 to June 2018 and just enjoyed listening to music.

But from July 2018 to January this year I had spent more than 15K$ to change components and cables.

Now I am getting close to the sound that I had wished.

It is about time to go back to enjoying music.

I also bought more than 300 red book CDs for last two months.
The more audio modes  and filters ,a processor has, the more you are switching from one to the another : 2.1 - 3.1 - 5.1 - 7.1 channels -dolby atmos - DTS X - PEQ - speaker crossovers -  etc. 
My processor has all of this and I am never completly pleased with the sound.
My solution is to connect good headphones ( Focal Clear ) to the source. NO ADJUSTMENT  .Then, I can concentrate on music.

Max

Happiness comes when you don't give a rip what others think about how you listen.  :) 
You're listening to music when it's right, equipment when it's not. Getting to the "right" is the journey.