Do you listen to equipment or music.

This Blog got me to thinking about the subject:
https://www.blogger.com/u/1/blogger.g?blogID=6484902156509233383#editor/target=post;postID=191909277...
In the past I have spent hours listening to the same part of the same song just to fine tune various components of the of the audio system. I even move speakers and listen - move them again and listen more. Sometimes I wonder what I am doing. Whatever it is, when I get into this mode, I am not listening to the music.  It would be nice how the community feels about listening to music or equipment.
johnspain
The more audio modes  and filters ,a processor has, the more you are switching from one to the another : 2.1 - 3.1 - 5.1 - 7.1 channels -dolby atmos - DTS X - PEQ - speaker crossovers -  etc. 
My processor has all of this and I am never completly pleased with the sound.
My solution is to connect good headphones ( Focal Clear ) to the source. NO ADJUSTMENT  .Then, I can concentrate on music.

Max

Happiness comes when you don't give a rip what others think about how you listen.  :) 
You're listening to music when it's right, equipment when it's not. Getting to the "right" is the journey.
The music sometimes isn't "right" (meaning meeting my personal criteria of rightness) due to weird recording engineering or strange production preferences, and that's only clear because the equipment I've fussed over reveals it.